Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hits Pedestrian ‘On Autopilot’ Melbourne Australia.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly think it's a combo of her trying to shift blame, that part sounds sexy to the Murdoch goons and they run with it "Automatic Electric Car meant for yuppies hits innocent blue collar Australian... driven by an Immigrant"... okay that's tongue in cheek but you get what I mean
If I had my cynic's hat on, I'd agree with you and add in that it's a P-plater driving a high performance car. Back when that was legal, they loved those stories.

I think Autopilot/TACC are interchangeable terms.
TACC or more particularly lane keeping traffic aware cruise control, is simply the highest level of assistance within the Basic Autopilot pack that comes with all modern Tesla's.

Even on this page
Tesla says "Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane.
Current Autopilot features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous."

If you upgradde to the EAP (when available) or FSD packages,
You got lane changing TACC (or NoA on major roads).
And FSD gets future access to FSD on city streets.

Reactions: Flatbat
I think Autopilot/TACC are interchangeable terms.
TACC or more particularly lane keeping traffic aware cruise control, is simply the highest level of assistance within the Basic Autopilot pack that comes with all modern Tesla's.

Even on this page
Tesla says "Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane.
Current Autopilot features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous."

If you upgradde to the EAP (when available) or FSD packages,
You got lane changing TACC (or NoA on major roads).
And FSD gets future access to FSD on city streets.
I have autopilot with lane changing when I indicate, self parking, and advanced summon.

I live around the corner from here and I want to point out that it's extremely unlikely that the driver was on Autopilot. At 6:30am there would be parked cars all down Wattletree Rd meaning that you can't engage Autopilot without stopping every 40 metres in the lane you would overtake the tram from. What seems more likely is that she tried to race past the tram manually.

Because she left the scene and returned later with a concocted story and he partner and brother probably means that they also discarded the USB dashcam from the glove box. If that's the case I hope Tesla can access the logs about when it was recording, so they can throw the book at her.

I live around the corner from here and I want to point out that it's extremely unlikely that the driver was on Autopilot. At 6:30am there would be parked cars all down Wattletree Rd meaning that you can't engage Autopilot without stopping every 40 metres in the lane you would overtake the tram from. What seems more likely is that she tried to race past the tram manually.

Because she left the scene and returned later with a concocted story and he partner and brother probably means that they also discarded the USB dashcam from the glove box. If that's the case I hope Tesla can access the logs about when it was recording, so they can throw the book at her.

I wonder if the police knew about the dashcam and the USB drive that potentially recorded everything that happened.