Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla HPWC Gen 2 $475 while supplies last NIB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ARRGGHHH!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's a fookin' Gen3 ARRRRRRGGHHH!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is going just about as smooth as my Model X purchasing experience. :(

This is nuts. They either think they know what we need better than we do, and this is purposeful, or someone royally screwed up their inventory tracking (i.e. they have Gen 3 stocked where their system says Gen 2) and nobody has fixed it for 2 weeks now. Either way...yikes.

I got another return label and reship notice this morning, with no other communication. I sent an email yesterday explaining (AGAIN) what I received and why it won't work for me, provided my phone number and asked someone to call to verify that I will receive the correct item this time. No response, just a generic return label and reship email. Oh, and the email says my reship will be processed within 5-7 days just like the last one. I ordered on April 7. It's now been 16 days and 2 wrong deliveries. If they take 5 days to reship like they did last time, it'll be May 1 before I get it. And it's anyone's guess if I get the correct WC or the same thing a 3rd time.

This is almost comical.

Reactions: MXLRplus
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but the fact that they have humans entering weights and dimensions tells us everything we need to know about their logistics operation. It is completely human driven with no automated checks for weight or dimensions on the outbound side to create some amount of assurance that the correct stuff went out. This doesn't work at a 50 person company, let alone a company the size of Tesla.

Good luck, and I feel even more lucky that I got the right thing on the first try.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but the fact that they have humans entering weights and dimensions tells us everything we need to know about their logistics operation. It is completely human driven with no automated checks for weight or dimensions on the outbound side to create some amount of assurance that the correct stuff went out. This doesn't work at a 50 person company, let alone a company the size of Tesla.

Good luck, and I feel even more lucky that I got the right thing on the first try.

The weights and dimensions don't make sense to me. I've receive the same item twice with two different sets of dimensions and two different weights.

First shipment: 19x15x5, 10 lbs
Second shipment: 19x10x5, 5 lbs
Actual: 19x15x5, 13.5 lbs

Oh, and I also just got another email from Tesla apologizing for the delay in getting my refund back to me for my RMA. LMAO.

I'm wondering if it would be better for me to cancel/return this order and create a new one (without the VIN) rather than messing around with exchanges at this point.

Last edited:
What is messed up with FedEx? Our daily FedEx Express truck arrives each morning and sends and receives just fine. The truck is 1/2 full due to the slowdown. But they won't put ground packages on the trucks.
FedEx Express and FedEx Ground are essentially different companies. They have totally different facilities, delivery trucks and employees.

Reactions: MXLRplus
The weights and dimensions don't make sense to me. I've receive the same item twice with two different sets of dimensions and two different weights.

First shipment: 19x15x5, 10 lbs
Second shipment: 19x10x5, 5 lbs
Actual: 19x15x5, 13.5 lbs

Oh, and I also just got another email from Tesla apologizing for the delay in getting my refund back to me for my RMA. LMAO.

I'm wondering if it would be better for me to cancel/return this order and create a new one (without the VIN) rather than messing around with exchanges at this point.
Probably... Sad to say, although I think you might just be unlucky.

The humans are just punching buttons until a label spits out. If they had an automated weight system it would kick the items back that are the wrong weight and you wouldn't get shipments of the completely wrong product. Some of the places I have worked, even the normal ones, had scales in the outbound conveyors that read the weight of the outbound box, and diverted it for inspection if it the weight was off from it's expectation. These systems are effective, even at huge diverse warehouses. For someplace with a limited SKU count like Tesla this would be child's play.

• Informative
Reactions: destructure00
That's what happens when your CEO doesn't have boots on the ground. Literally. :D
They are different operating units with different CEOs.
FedEx Express: Frederick Smith
FedEx Ground: Henry Maier

There's also FedEx Freight, FedEx Logistics, FedEx Office, etc.

Anyhow, just because FedEx Express might have room on their trucks, they won't be delivering any packages that were shipped via FedEx Ground.

They are different operating units with different CEOs.
FedEx Express: Frederick Smith
FedEx Ground: Henry Maier

There's also FedEx Freight, FedEx Logistics, FedEx Office, etc.

Anyhow, just because FedEx Express might have room on their trucks, they won't be delivering any packages that were shipped via FedEx Ground.
Fred Smith is the Federal Express Corporation CEO, over all the branches of FedEx.
Don Colleran is the CEO of the Express division.
You did get the Ground division right.

Fred Pooched It.

Company structure & facts | FedEx

Skrew it. I hate Ebay but I just decided to play Russian Roulette and order one off there. The picture shows the box saying 277v.

HPWCgen2.jpg

Attachments

• HPWCgen2.jpg
    HPWCgen2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 48
The 1050067 part number is the same thing I received.

It's sad when Ebay is a better source for Tesla parts than Tesla is when you live in California.

There is no way to guarantee you'll receive the right part from Tesla. They don't reply to emails about ordering and there is no phone number listed.

Nothing was available when I bought my MX. No 14-50, no L2 anythings. If I didn't already have a few EVSE's I'd be stuck charging an X at 120v (about 1 week to fill).

• Funny
Reactions: destructure00
And the hit parade keeps on playin'!

Now Tesla responded to me finally. They say they are now shipping out the right Gen 2 model. After I ordered one off Ebay. I thought they were ignoring me.

FedEx cancelled our account after 27 years over this Covid thing. What a bunch of schmucks.
Guess it is easier to fire customers than acquire them. We only do about 5 figures of business with FedEx annually. I guess small businesses aren't appealing to them.

And the hit parade keeps on playin'!

Now Tesla responded to me finally. They say they are now shipping out the right Gen 2 model. After I ordered one off Ebay. I thought they were ignoring me.

They are pretty slow responding. Did you pay normal price for the eBay one?

I just got a response to my email from Thursday last week with a new tracking number and confirmation that it's the right time this time. Ok. Tracking number shows 29lbs, but I don't see dimensions yet. Maybe they'll actually get it right the 3rd time?

They are pretty slow responding. Did you pay normal price for the eBay one?

I just got a response to my email from Thursday last week with a new tracking number and confirmation that it's the right time this time. Ok. Tracking number shows 29lbs, but I don't see dimensions yet. Maybe they'll actually get it right the 3rd time?

I paid $470 plus CA tax off Ebay, free shipping NIB supposedly. So a hair cheaper than Tesla. But my friend Murphy (the Lawyer) told me that if I didn't order the Ebay unit, that Tesla would ship me another Gen3. By ordering the Ebay piece, it's checkmate for Tesla, I outfoxed them. Or at least I hope. :D

Sidebar rant: It's just another straw on this camel's back. California is irritating me more and more. Yesterday I tried to order a shower head. "We are sorry, but high capacity assault plumbing fixtures cannot be shipped to California." The time before that, it was a car battery charger that was banned for use in California. Before that was gardening supplies. Before that it was pest bait. Etc, Etc. Why doesn't California just ban SARS-CoV-2 and be done with it? They've banned nearly everything else.