Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in a condo in Houston?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my 70D this week in Houston. Yay! As I was making the purchase, I spoke with our HOA and they seem to be very accommodating. We had a plan to have NRG install an upgraded panel that would service 8 users with metered 220 40A power to my assigned parking spot all at my expense. Future users would pay me their proportional share of the expense as they connect. As I was taking delivery, I learned the HOA is forming a committee to explore all options. Ugh. This will add time to implementation. One option being considered is installing one or two charging stations and have the valets manage charging. I prefer having the power at my spot for simple nightly charges. Has anyone else been involved with power installation in a condo in Houston?

When I bought my condo in Highland Tower I asked for a 40 amp 14-50 receptacle. The developer installed it to get the sale. It is metered, and I reimbursed the condo association about $200 for actual electricity usage during 2014. This included usage from a Blink charger that I shared between a Chevrolet Volt and a Model S. The building Engineer mentioned it cost $3500 to install the receptacle between my 2 parking spots. I own the spots.