Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Higgy,
Do Tesla supply a front number plate mount as standard or did you get that from somewhere else?

I'm thinking of double-sided taping my front number plate until I decide the best way to mount it.

Tesla supply a mount, I asked to have mine left off (I didn't want the car a cm longer than necessary).

My plates are attached with double sided tape but it is a really high quality 3M tape. It is they only way I have affixed plates to any of my cars ever. It is plenty sufficient as a 'permanent' solution.

For the front plate a couple of spacers may come in handy. I use 1cm x 5cm strips of Perspex.

Tesla supply a mount, I asked to have mine left off (I didn't want the car a cm longer than necessary).

My plates are attached with double sided tape but it is a really high quality 3M tape. It is they only way I have affixed plates to any of my cars ever. It is plenty sufficient as a 'permanent' solution.

For the front plate a couple of spacers may come in handy. I use 1cm x 5cm strips of Perspex.

Thanks LGGD I have specially purchased car grade doublesided tape, I'll ask Tesla to not mount the front plate and will do that myself.

Unless there are any last minute hitches I am within hours of "The Tesla" ceasing to be "the mythical car often heard about but never seen" for my family and friends.

I thought it was therefore only appropriate to cover the latest breakthrough in solving another myth - clean coal.

Clean Coal Production.jpg

Hi Guys - not posted much here but an avid reader! I am getting my car on the 16th Jan - its a fully spec'd 60kW model - I'm keen to find other Tesla owners in Europe that might be interested in a car / house swap - My wife and I are going to Germany in March and want to do a road trip there - be good to swap my Model S and maybe my home for a week or 2. Anyone know of these kind of activity happening and possibly where to start looking?

Hi fella,

register with the german tesla forum and post your question in the international sub section that uses english language.
TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer und Freunde Questions / discussions in English

regrettably my car is not available in March.

An interesting wrinkle this morning. Went up to the car and handles failed to present. Touched and opened the door. Got set to drive and got told no key detected. Pulled key out of pocket and placed it on centre console as per manual, and no problem. Then, I realised that my iPhone was in the same pocket.
Went past the service centre and spoke to Huw. Indeed, two radio sources close together can interfere with each other. Secondly there are separate antennas with different ranges to detect whether the key is inside the car or outside.

That happens with my Prius key. I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to deal with the issue any more. A minor problem, but one that keeps occurring.

- - - Updated - - -

It was never officially confirmed though we all had our suspicions...it's so weird though that they couldn't confirm it, must have been a generic confidentiality clause in their supply agreement.

Someone from Tesla (I will never reveal my sources) told me that it was a very reliable major carrier that isn't Vodafone and isn't Optus.