Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious though not that it matters since I am not in CA

if you own more than 1 car (including a non-Telsa) will Telsa insurance still quote and provide coverage for other makes?
If not they will have a tough time becoming serious in the market ; limiting themselves to high end customers that only own 1 car or only own Telsa’s

if you own more than 1 car (including a non-Telsa) will Telsa insurance still quote and provide coverage for other makes?
If not they will have a tough time becoming serious in the market ; limiting themselves to high end customers that only own 1 car or only own Telsa’s
Yes, because California law requires it. However, you have to call them for the full quote on non-Tesla vehicles as the website doesn't support it.

Reactions: mreynolds767

I moved my two Teslas from Geico to Tesla insurance. Geico still insures the other two hybrids.

Surprising it would not cost significantly more to maintain 2 polices each with 2 cars on it, rather than 1 policy for all 4 cars?
The two cars that I left with Geico cost the same as before. The two Teslas cost less than Geico by a little. In addition my daughter who lives 50 miles away and has an at-fault accident on her record (she damaged our Model 3:() can drive the Teslas when she visits. The other cars would cost much more to insure if I didn't explicitly exclude her.

Can I ask what you selected for coverage and limits? San Jose, CA here. And I have excellent health insurance. Wondering if I may be over-insured?

Geico (which I have now) is quoting $640 for 6mos with:
  • 100/300 Bodily Injury
  • 100k Property Damage
  • 1k deductibles
  • Uninsured Motorist 100/300