Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Inventory Order Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share my experience of ordering an inventory car. So I saw a post on this forum that cars were available on the Tesla website, so I immediately checked this out Fri 27th Sept around 11:00 and saw a Blue Long Range performance with the 18" Aerodeck wheels. I immediately ordered this and got a delivery date of Monday 30th Sept. When I had slept on it I realised I wasn't happy with what I ordered so checked online again and rang Bluewater to explain I wanted to change my order to a White Performance+ amazingly this was no hassle at all and all was arranged, same day for the delivery just a different centre (Heathrow vs Dartford). What an amazing experience and I have to say the customer service from the sales guys and the delivery guys was excellent.

As a newbie I was wondering why when I drive 25 miles to work I seem to be using 35 miles of range. mo motorways, average speed 30 m.p.h, no queues. Chill mode and economy aircon on auto and sat nav in the display. Any hints on preserving range would be great.

Love the car, can't stop smiling!

As a newbie I was wondering why when I drive 25 miles to work I seem to be using 35 miles of range. mo motorways, average speed 30 m.p.h, no queues. Chill mode and economy aircon on auto and sat nav in the display. Any hints on preserving range would be great.

Best to use the rated range as just a guesstimate as the actual use of range is based on various factors, some also like to just use the battery percentage

Reactions: TM3PTN
Just wanted to share my experience of ordering an inventory car. So I saw a post on this forum that cars were available on the Tesla website, so I immediately checked this out Fri 27th Sept around 11:00 and saw a Blue Long Range performance with the 18" Aerodeck wheels. I immediately ordered this and got a delivery date of Monday 30th Sept. When I had slept on it I realised I wasn't happy with what I ordered so checked online again and rang Bluewater to explain I wanted to change my order to a White Performance+ amazingly this was no hassle at all and all was arranged, same day for the delivery just a different centre (Heathrow vs Dartford). What an amazing experience and I have to say the customer service from the sales guys and the delivery guys was excellent.

Love the car, can't stop smiling!
Agree with what @Rooster6655 says

Also display % not miles that way you can gauge your usage and not worry about the miles as much, say it's 15% used one way you'll remember it's about 15 on the way back. Also you will use more when weather is colder. My journey is 17% each way on average in warm weather now it's 21% as the cold mornings roll in :)

Any hints on preserving range would be great.

In principle the same as any other car, use observation skills to drive as smoothly as possible. In the Tesla the more you can use the regen braking the more efficient the drive will be.

A warm battery is also more efficient, so if you can time charging to finish shortly before you leave so much the better, although if you are doing circa 50 miles a day charging won’t take all that long so will be of limited benefit. Pre-warming the car whilst plugged in will use ‘shore’ power and in cold weather the battery heater will come on (assuming the set up is the same for a 3 as it is for an S)

There is a huge ‘departure tax’ in terms of efficiency when setting off, you’ll see this as the Wh/m starts high e.g. 500 and will drop as the journey time lengthens.

Winter is a range killer and you will be disappointed if you try and achieve the rated mileage, you simply won’t do it. Both mileage estimates are based on fixed assumptions and bear no relation to your driving. Use the energy graph when on a journey whilst using the nav and that will be more accurate as it is based on your recent driving history.

I’m no lover of Facebook but the closed official owners group is worth joining and the website a good resource too.

Tesla Owners Group UK Public Group | Facebook

The Tesla Owners' UK Club & Discussion Groups - Approved by Tesla UK

Obviously it’s mandatory to use the go pedal extensively, just to make sure it still works properly ;)