Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is back at the Ring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man that Diffuser is serious business. IF its functioning properly that Rear will be planted the whole way around the Track.

And overall this front bumper and winder vendors would be great for someone to mock up.. This Function over Form style is right up my alley..

It's likely going to be fast AF, and this is so fun to watch.
There is a but: BUT what range will these track-misters achieve? Will they still be able to crow that they have a much longer range than Taycan?
Wide tyres are a notorious killer of Cd...

It is not a fair comparison for Porsche - they took a final production car and made an official lap time.
I am a Tesla owner but until Tesla is actually selling a Plaid car it is just cheap marketing and Porsche has the record.
I don’t care about the records. But for now it’s Tesla showing us how fast a reasonable priced EV can run. Porsche’s “record” is slower than a civic type R while Tesla’s “not a record” is faster than AMG GT63s. There are faster EVs than Model S Plaid like EP9 and IDR, but those are not practical to own.

The Porsche video stated that it was a prototype, not a production car, and it wasn't an official lap time. (It isn't on the 'rings site.)

I think the difference with Porsche is the fact that they test with a pre-production model just before releasing it for production. Tesla comes with new gear that nobody heard of before plus a third engine etc and without knowing any specific specs which we do/did know about Porsche.

on the other hand, the Tesla community seems so afraid given some reactions, I don’t get it, Tesla still has a lead on anyone in the EV space and this will continue for,some time to come. Relax and applaud the fact that Porsche is investing time and money on R&D for EVs and is putting up a (small) fight. (For now)

I for one like the fact that they choose 800 volts and the second gearbox and have proven the relentlessness acceleration capabilities.

And now people are really gonna shoot at me: :D

Porsche should buy Tesla that would give us unlimited ludicrous, high build quality, killer range and efficiency.

The perfect EV :cool:

I think the difference with Porsche is the fact that they test with a pre-production model just before releasing it for production. Tesla comes with new gear that nobody heard of before plus a third engine etc and without knowing any specific specs which we do/did know about Porsche.

Porsche tested with early prototypes as well. The only difference is that they didn't announce that the "Taycan will be at the 'ring" like Tesla did and their customers/media/general public didn't care very much. (Auto reporters didn't say much if anything about the Taycan testing, unlike Telsa where everything is big news.)

Reactions: wenkan