TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla is canceling some deliveries which was scheduled at Dec 31 2019 8PM!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by blairrrr, Dec 28, 2019.

1. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

I was assigned the delivery date and time at Fremont factory sells center on Dec 31 2019 at 8pm (as many people), I double confirmed with the employee at the Fremont delivery center and the factory sells center and both gave me the confirmation. But then a lady called me and told me that my car cannot be delivered before the end of 2019 and SA would contact me. So far no one ever tried to contact me.

2. sunnyvale76

sunnyvale76 Member

When was your oder ? I am in the same boat 12/31 0800PM. I was at factory today and they assured me it will be ready on 12/31.

3. gaswalla

gaswalla Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery

That stinks. Sounds like the plan was to build and deliver cars on 12/31- same day. So, maybe they over promised the number of cars they could make in one day

4. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

They’ll just discount your car by $1875 in January. Might be a better option to get the discount up front.

• Like x 2
  5. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

I placed the order at 12/02, also I was in the factory today and they promised the pickup at 12/31 but I got the cancelation call this afternoon

6. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

no I call my SA (who sucks) and told me there is no compensation for this year. And he is 'more than happy' to help me refund.

7. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

this year their attitude is horrible, all they want to offer is: get your refund and go away. no kidding, I asked the SA whether this is their policy and he said yes

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. sunnyvale76

sunnyvale76 Member

I think may be drive back to Factory and make them check the order. does your Reservation shows the VIN number ?

i was there until 1:30PM , as of now my delivery is still set to 12/31 0800PM

9. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

no I did not get the vin. I asked them this morning and they told me for 31 patch, we can only get the vin when we get the car, did you get your vin?

10. sunnyvale76

sunnyvale76 Member

Yes. I have VIN and MVPA in my account for a week now.

11. davidw76

davidw76 Member

What happened to the folks who were constantly assuring everyone that Tesla had it all under control? They seem to have gone quiet.

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  12. holmgang

holmgang Active Member

of course they will not offer compensation.
    (1) theyre not a dealership, and hence they havent bought the car from the manufacturer, with a margin to play around with.
    (2) what the other person meant, is that the retail price of the car is likely to go down next year, as it has historically been reduced when the federal incentives are cut. so the net price to consumer is similar

in a way, i sympathize with them. you have to understand that once again, it is not a dealership, and they do not have excess inventory. if the car is not available on december 31 at 8pm, there is no way, moving mountain and earth, that this person will be able to provide you another car exactly as you want.

this isnt a retail clothing operation where the poor attitude prevents the employee from going to the back and grabbing you another shirt. the production of the car is out of their control, and there is more people who want it than there are cars.

• Disagree x 6
    • Like x 4
  13. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

oh I think I got fooled then

14. sunnyvale76

sunnyvale76 Member

I received the text for 12/31 delivery , with-in couple of hours I had the VIN and MVPA. My SA also mailed me.

15. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

hope you can be this kind of chill and critical when you got fooled in the future. well, according to my experience, he/she who acts so critical when bad things happen to other people are more fragile when bad thing happens to them

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 3
  16. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

I received the text about the 31 delivery notice 5 days ago, and checked in person with both centers this morning and got confirmation and explanation why I did not get the vin. Still this Sxxt happened

17. sunnyvale76

sunnyvale76 Member

I saw someone on other thread got the the not happening call but still got the delivery schedule after that . so don't loose hope.

I am also not sure if everyone with 12/31 0800 PM have a VIN by now.

18. holmgang

holmgang Active Member

not critical - realistic. delivery anxiety and irregularities is the cumulative experience of this forum. its not personal. youre not the first person, so dont act surprised.

• Like x 1
  19. SouthSeas

SouthSeas Member

That would be awesome. Many states tax cars annually on the price. Starting with a discount would be a saving for the life of the car!

• Like x 2
  20. blairrrr

blairrrr Member

thanks a lot for being so warm. Yes under the account the scheduled delivery date is not changed. But they already decided that there is no chance for the people who got the call and that showed in their system, not under customer's account. I basically asked every possibilities.