Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is canceling some deliveries which was scheduled at Dec 31 2019 8PM!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was assigned the delivery date and time at Fremont factory sells center on Dec 31 2019 at 8pm (as many people), I double confirmed with the employee at the Fremont delivery center and the factory sells center and both gave me the confirmation. But then a lady called me and told me that my car cannot be delivered before the end of 2019 and SA would contact me. So far no one ever tried to contact me.

but I got the cancelation call this afternoon
That stinks. Sounds like the plan was to build and deliver cars on 12/31- same day. So, maybe they over promised the number of cars they could make in one day
this year their attitude is horrible, all they want to offer is: get your refund and go away. no kidding, I asked the SA whether this is their policy and he said yes

no I call my SA (who sucks) and told me there is no compensation for this year. And he is 'more than happy' to help me refund.

of course they will not offer compensation.
(1) theyre not a dealership, and hence they havent bought the car from the manufacturer, with a margin to play around with.
(2) what the other person meant, is that the retail price of the car is likely to go down next year, as it has historically been reduced when the federal incentives are cut. so the net price to consumer is similar

this year their attitude is horrible, all they want to offer is: get your refund and go away. no kidding, I asked the SA whether this is their policy and he said yes
in a way, i sympathize with them. you have to understand that once again, it is not a dealership, and they do not have excess inventory. if the car is not available on december 31 at 8pm, there is no way, moving mountain and earth, that this person will be able to provide you another car exactly as you want.

this isnt a retail clothing operation where the poor attitude prevents the employee from going to the back and grabbing you another shirt. the production of the car is out of their control, and there is more people who want it than there are cars.

of course they will not offer compensation.
(1) theyre not a dealership, and hence they havent bought the car from the manufacturer, with a margin to play around with.
(2) what the other person meant, is that the retail price of the car is likely to go down next year, as it has historically been reduced when the federal incentives are cut. so the net price to consumer is similar

in a way, i sympathize with them. you have to understand that once again, it is not a dealership, and they do not have excess inventory. if the car is not available on december 31 at 8pm, there is no way, moving mountain and earth, that this person will be able to provide you another car exactly as you want.

this isnt a retail clothing operation where the poor attitude prevents the employee from going to the back and grabbing you another shirt. the production of the car is out of their control, and there is more people who want it than there are cars.

hope you can be this kind of chill and critical when you got fooled in the future. well, according to my experience, he/she who acts so critical when bad things happen to other people are more fragile when bad thing happens to them

hope you can be this kind of chill and critical when you got fooled in the future. well, according to my experience, he/she who acts so critical when bad things happen to other people are more fragile when bad thing happens to them

not critical - realistic. delivery anxiety and irregularities is the cumulative experience of this forum. its not personal. youre not the first person, so dont act surprised.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I saw someone on other thread got the the not happening call but still got the delivery schedule after that . so don't loose hope.

I am also not sure if everyone with 12/31 0800 PM have a VIN by now.
thanks a lot for being so warm. Yes under the account the scheduled delivery date is not changed. But they already decided that there is no chance for the people who got the call and that showed in their system, not under customer's account. I basically asked every possibilities.