Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is not slacking off with deliveries. WOW!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had delivery "confirmed" for July 16th and now just got a delay until July 26th. I don't care though I been waiting forever now and another 2 weeks essentially is blah... Moral of the story... Don't get your hopes up too much.
Same here. Got "confirmed" delivery for 16Jul. Wife was upset I agreed to that date, as she can not make it. But I told her not to worry, been waiting since 28Apr16 (current S owner, as well) and I would have been shocked if that date held up.

Only 6 more days to go! Email today saying no go for next Monday. I ask what date it will be pushed to, "can't give you a date". At least they told you the 26th. I am back to open ended, yet again.

It is a roller coaster for us for our delivery!

Original delivery was for 7/3, got a call that morning that it was off, then on, then off again. Pushed delivery to 7/5.

Arrived at Fremont on 7/5 to do the trade-in. Unfortunately our Model 3 was not there. Although we tried to call prior to arriving, the lines were busy. They took our trade in and lent us a Model S 85D as a loaner. Tentatively rescheduled for 7/7.

On 7/7 received a call that said our car was on it's way to Fremont, but to wait for confirmation. Unfortunately a followup call confirmed our car was still unavailable. They gave us a tentative date of 7/10, but to ignore it unit they can fix their back end.

Today we got a call that the car will be available on 7/17. I am not holding my breath, and currently disappointed in the process. The silver lining is that we get use the loaner till then.

Reactions: devilmountain

Original delivery was for 7/3, got a call that morning that it was off, then on, then off again. Pushed delivery to 7/5.

Arrived at Fremont on 7/5 to do the trade-in. Unfortunately our Model 3 was not there. Although we tried to call prior to arriving, the lines were busy. They took our trade in and lent us a Model S 85D as a loaner. Tentatively rescheduled for 7/7.

On 7/7 received a call that said our car was on it's way to Fremont, but to wait for confirmation. Unfortunately a followup call confirmed our car was still unavailable. They gave us a tentative date of 7/10, but to ignore it unit they can fix their back end.

Today we got a call that the car will be available on 7/17. I am not holding my breath, and currently disappointed in the process. The silver lining is that we get use the loaner till then.
at least you guys are getting progress.

Maybe they can't find it on the parking lot.

Same here. Got "confirmed" delivery for 16Jul. Wife was upset I agreed to that date, as she can not make it. But I told her not to worry, been waiting since 28Apr16 (current S owner, as well) and I would have been shocked if that date held up.

Only 6 more days to go! Email today saying no go for next Monday. I ask what date it will be pushed to, "can't give you a date". At least they told you the 26th. I am back to open ended, yet again.

Yeah we'll see. I sold my current car to my neighbor already considering the original date and had to basically lower the price of it considering the new date $200 for 10 more days. I'm losing value of my current car because of these delays. Ordered on 4/27 estimated 3-6 week delivery, got email stating July delivery, got vin on June 13th, Original Delivery Date July 16th, new (tentative because at this point everything is tentative) date July 26th. I even received the final forms to sign a week prior before the delay email came the very next day. But to Tesla's credit my ISA has been excellent at communication and very prompt at replies. I also don't bug him with useless questions and keep everything very short. I think this is key to great communication with these guys, they get 100's of emails per day.

Oh yeah and I been paying insurance for this car that I am not driving for almost a month now....

Last edited:
Yeah we'll see. I sold my current car to my neighbor already considering the original date and had to basically lower the price of it considering the new date $200 for 10 more days. I'm losing value of my current car because of these delays. Ordered on 4/27 estimated 3-6 week delivery, got email stating July delivery, got vin on June 13th, Original Delivery Date July 16th, new (tentative because at this point everything is tentative) date July 26th. I even received the final forms to sign a week prior before the delay email came the very next day. But to Tesla's credit my ISA has been excellent at communication and very prompt at replies. I also don't bug him with useless questions and keep everything very short. I think this is key to great communication with these guys, they get 100's of emails per day.

Oh yeah and I been paying insurance for this car that I am not driving for almost a month now....
I almost activated my Model 3 insurance on Monday but thought I would wait a few more days. Glad you stated that, I will definitely wait until day before my next delivery date. Hope you get yours soon with no more delays.

Sometimes I wish that I decided to go with RWD instead of AWD just so I would have a chance of getting it sooner -- like this summer. I still think AWD is the right one for me, but I want one.... NOW!!!!!!
Is it too late to change your mind? I got my car as soon as I could. The RWD car now is probably more polished than mine was..

Latest AWD news (range / added weight) are very disapointing..

Reactions: adaptabl
Is it too late to change your mind? I got my car as soon as I could. The RWD car now is probably more polished than mine was..

Latest AWD news (range / added weight) are very disapointing..
By now, any already-produced RWDs should already be assigned to people with matching configs, so I would be putting myself in the end of the RWD queue. I expect the AWD will be produced faster, because 1) there's more interest, and 2) it should be a higher-margin vehicle. So I'm sticking with AWD.

To each their own.

I had a RWD Nissan 350Z and had to abandon it on the side of the road because it couldn't make it to the top of the hill while I was heading home. I got an AWD SUV a couple weeks later. That has never had an issue on the road in any way, including the really bad storms we got back in 2008 where it snowed for a week straight. And I drove in it almost every day.

This past Christmas Eve, we were heading to a friend's house for dinner, and my wife insisted we take her Prius instead of my SUV (because gas mileage). That thing could barely make it up the small lip to get out of our side street onto the main street, and when I tried to turn onto another side street, it just broke traction and kept going forward. We went back, got my SUV, and never had an issue.

I don't know how good the RWD Model 3 is. Perhaps it's way better than any other RWD or FWD. Perhaps I could get away with just getting winter tires. But I really don't have the inclination to keep a separate set of tires. AWD gives me the peace of mind for dealing with whatever happens w/ weather, and gives me added acceleration to boot.

Do you have Nordic style winter tyres or just all wearher? Makes biiig difference on snow. Summer or all wearher are crap.

I realize that the Tesla RWD won't be the same as an ICE RWD, but since I've never driven a RWD Tesla, I have no comparison I can make. I also realize that AWD isn't a substitute for winter tires, but since I'm not getting them, I'm going with the closest thing that can help me maintain traction. I've had multiple issues with rear or front wheel drives in snow and have had none with AWD given the little amount of snow that we typically get, so I'm going with what I have experienced.

If I lived in the North East, I might normally drive around on winter tires, and therefore would have different experience. But I have no desire at all to keep a second set of tires around.
Big differnce in braking distanse with proper winter tires, doesen’t help to have AWD if you can’t stop. Getting up hill is for you convinience. Stopping are for saving lives.

Do you have Nordic style winter tyres or just all wearher? Makes biiig difference on snow. Summer or all wearher are crap.
All weather. I realize that snow tires are better, and RWD w/ snow tires is still better than AWD w/ all seasons, but I have absolutely no interest in having a second set of tires. I don't have a good place to store them, I don't have the desire to jack my car up and put them on, I don't have an interest in figuring out when to swap them out and when to swap them back.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Big differnce in braking distanse with proper winter tires, doesen’t help to have AWD if you can’t stop. Getting up hill is for you convinience. Stopping are for saving lives.

I hear the stopping argument all the time.
I know snow tires help with stopping. But AWD vehicles have an overall much bigger advantage. I would MUCH rather have an AWD vehicle with all seasons, than a RWD vehicle with good snows.
I’ve driven both in the past, and AWD is way more functional and safe for daily driving in my opinion.

I hear the stopping argument all the time.
I know snow tires help with stopping. But AWD vehicles have an overall much bigger advantage. I would MUCH rather have an AWD vehicle with all seasons, than a RWD vehicle with good snows.
I’ve driven both in the past, and AWD is way more functional and safe for daily driving in my opinion.

Not if you are on poor road conditions and about to rear end another vehicle. I will take the snow tires any day. I would love to see snow tires made mandatory in areas that get winter snow.

Can't wait to see it!