Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is offering free supercharging if I take a delivery in September

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got email form Tesla, I don’t know how to call him - delivery scheduler. Deal is I can get free supercharging on my RWD M3 if I take a delivery in September. Should I take the offer or should I wait till the end of the next quarter for a better one?

I would inspect the car they have on offer and take it if it looks good. There is no guarantee you'll get a better car by the end of the next quarter since the quality of the car is mainly determined by who did the manual assembling and who did the transporting, and there is no guarantee the persons who work on your car later will be better than the persons who worked on the car ready for September. You might think the auto-assembly steps might be a bit better by then, but 1) I don't think it will be better by much and 2) that's why I recommend you inspect the Sept ready car before taking it and 3) there are satisfied RWD customers who have picked up their cars which suggests current auto-assembly process is capable of building a good quality car.

Reactions: Foxtrotter
Got email form Tesla, I don’t know how to call him - delivery scheduler. Deal is I can get free supercharging on my RWD M3 if I take a delivery in September. Should I take the offer or should I wait till the end of the next quarter for a better one?

I would wait unless you need one right away.. Tesla is desperate right now to make money as they are jacking up the prices like crazy. Too many RWD's are in stock and they have to sell them. If "free supercharging" offer is for a year then it could be worth $150- $250 max as you can't really super charge daily unless you want to wreak the battery and that too only if you have chargers near by. At this current inventory level, they should offer $2500 discount (min 5% on MSRP) or so even with the $7500 federal credit. so they might offer better discount in Q4 is my guess.. others might disagree. If they offer you free supercharing for life then it is at least worth considering.

I would wait unless you need one right away.. Tesla is desperate right now to make money as they are jacking up the prices like crazy. Too many RWD's are in stock and they have to sell them. If "free supercharging" offer is for a year then it could be worth $150- $250 max as you can't really super charge daily unless you want to wreak the battery and that too only if you have chargers near by. At this current inventory level, they should offer $2500 discount (min 5% on MSRP) or so even with the $7500 federal credit. so they might offer better discount in Q4 is my guess.. others might disagree. If they offer you free supercharing for life then it is at least worth considering.
This thread may be full of more bull than any thread in recent memory.