Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lemon Model S owner Rebuttal to Tesla's Blog Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your post Montgon626. The manner in which you presented your problems, and selectively decided to deal with the concerns raised, has left no doubt in my mind that you, and your lawyer, are to blame and not Tesla. You are the type of person that I hope I never come across in life, either personally or professionally.

Totally agree. Blatant. Tesla and Elon should use all resources and avenues at their disposal to countersue you and the despicable lawyer that is using you.

I am going to post once, and only once in this thread. I will try and keep it short (Keyword try, no guarantees).

First off, I hope I am still in high regard with the Tesla Community here, and that those here will trust my word.
Second, I do know Montgom626, he lives very very close to me (less then a Mile).
Third, I do not know, and will not claim to know the details of his problems, nor about the lawsuit/lemon claim any more so then what has already been made public.
Fourth, It has been a while since we've talked and met up. In fact, last time we met up was Grand Opening of Highland Park, we took my Model S to HP for the party.
Last, I will Vouch, I have witnessed the door handle problem on his vehicle myself in person. I have a similar un-responsive issue with my own cars handles, though, after the last visit at the service center, responsiveness on my vehicle has improved about 75%.

I've said my peace. While I've personally found Montgom626 to be a honest and good person to me, and others that lurk on this board that have met him in person, as I said above, I DO NOT know any more details on this issue any more so then what is already public, and as such, can not, and will not take a stance either direction, either Pro Montgom, or Pro Tesla.

Last, I will Vouch, I have witnessed the door handle problem on his vehicle myself in person. I have a similar un-responsive issue with my own cars handles, though, after the last visit at the service center, responsiveness on my vehicle has improved about 75%.

When exactly did you witness the door problem? What date?
I am curious to know if this was before or after Tesla replaced the handles.

The lawyer has no ethics and is doing all this just for the money. He's an ambulance chaser. Doesn't care about the merits of the case. Just dot the i and cross the t, and he's off to collect his $200K. The plaintiff has issues. He might also be looking for a paycheck. Or he got caught up in his own head, reading about various issues with the Model S and decided to bring the Man down a notch or two by manufacturing problems. Do note, islandbay, that psychopaths are very often the most charming people you'll ever meet. I would be very, very careful if I ever had to interact with this guy. And he's an anesthesiologist - sounds to me like a setup for a Stephen King novel...

Tesla is revolutionary and is therefore a lighting rod for PR. This is where this went wrong... should just do it all in private rather than trying to go viral.

I agree with this. I have a lot of attorneys in my family as well as a judge. I've met a lot of attorneys like the one Montgom626 hired and they ALWAYS make things worse, not better. The publicity his attorney is generating isn't helping anyone, and it especially wont help his client. I've been immersed in the legal system since I was born, and during those 29 years I've never met a Judge who's like "yea, that public mocking of the defendant was great" or "I'm so glad the petitioner inflamed the situation." For judges it only leads to more paperwork, more testimony, more court filings, and more nonsense that they have to deal with. They don't like that

Montgom626 - If your reading this get another attorney, because at the end of the day YOU are responsible for EVERYTHING your attorney says or does.. If your claims are true, keep fighting and I hope you get everything your asking for! If not, your attorney may have put you in counter suit territory and you've probably already pissed off the judge. Not a good way to start a law suit.

He said he's only posting once.

People need to wait and see how it plays out and stop interrogating the people who actually add substance to this thread.

If u must interrogate, send tesla an email, ask them and see how that goes.

It was not meant to be an interrogation. But claims require substantiation. The burden of proof is always on the plaintiff. It is not unreasonable to ask to clarify vague comments, even if someone says, "I am going to post once".

Islandbayy says that he witnessed the fault... so of course the timing is important. This is information that neither Tesla, nor Montgomery will likely offer.

The whole bricking portion of the post says a lot I think at least in terms of what he thinks about the car and how Tesla engineered it and how he thinks they'd respond if it did happen. If this is all genuine then hiring such an attorney certainly has not helped him in any way other than to get a lot of attention.

Mod Note: an assortment of posts went to snippiness

Perhaps my initial paragraph was considered 'snippy' (although it was not intended as such), but I think it's important for this thread to understand Dr. Montgomery's point of view. (Mods - if you wish, just post Dr. Montgomery's words and remove mine). All of the below are his own words:

montgom626
10-03-2012

Snow = Volt easy
Snow = Tesla nightmare

Service =Volt easy
Service = Tesla nightmare

Here in 5 years = GM still in business
Here in 5 years = Tesla, your kidding? Gone!

8KW solar.array
96 square foot solar hot water array
Solar clothes dryer
Banned so often I should put it in my signature

Source:
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread...Volt-an-unfair-comparison&p=197294#post197294

Obvously this hack of a lawyer doesn't even understand the U.S. Constitution and what "Free Speech" really means.

I too, have a Public Service Announcement: There are companies, great companies run by Billionaires, that force consumers to give up their Freedom of Speech and Right to Trial by Jury just for the opportunity to buy an electric car.

"Free Speech" ONLY applies to GOVERNMENTAL censorship, not private enterprises. If Tesla has buyers sign a contractual gag order or NDA to not talk about litigation (and there still hasn't been any proof of this), it's in their right to ask for it, and the buyer's right to either agree to it, strike it from the contract, or not buy the car. By no means is anyones' "free speech" being impinged.

What I find interesting is that montgom626 deleted the majority of his past posts on the board. I'm assuming that he and his "king of the lemon law" lawyer didn't want his own posting being used against him in this case. I hope that people at TMC have logs of these posting that Tesla can use to impune Montgomery with his own words.

What I find interesting is that montgom626 deleted the majority of his past posts on the board. I'm assuming that he and his "king of the lemon law" lawyer didn't want his own posting being used against him in this case. I hope that people at TMC have logs of these posting that Tesla can use to impune Montgomery with his own words.

Does the internet archives, aka "The Wayback Machine", do screen captures that are capable of containing content within forums like this?