Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lent Me a P3D for the Night!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 320127
From motortrend. Not sure what Elon is trying to say in that tweet but 1g of regen at 60mph would probably cause the battery to burst into flames. Also the motors aren’t large enough.

There is a budget for cornering that you have to set aside. I think the limit is that for street driving. There might be a track mode that combines radius and uses everything that is there in a continuously variable way. I don't see how you could put it out for everyone to use on the street...

There is a budget for cornering that you have to set aside. I think the limit is that for street driving. There might be a track mode that combines radius and uses everything that is there in a continuously variable way. I don't see how you could put it out for everyone to use on the street...
For the current 3LR the limit may be set to that since you definitely don't want too much rear braking. For AWD the problem is that the traction limit of the tires at 60mph would require more than 600kw of regen. I don't think the battery can handle that. Maybe the New Roadster!