Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla M3 LR-RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, notwithstanding everything that has already been said, there surely must be a demand for the longest possible range without the requirement for AWD - I'm sure I am not the only person in the UK who wants that!
I’m sure the demand is there, however it has never been on the UK configuration so not sure how many know about it. I think when it landed in Europe it was available “Off Menu” over the phone before it was dropped. Is that right @sixela ?

It has a longer range partly due to the fact that it’s not carrying around another motor.

I’m sure the demand is there, however it has never been on the UK configuration so not sure how many know about it. I think when it landed in Europe it was available “Off Menu” over the phone before it was dropped. Is that right @sixela ?

It has a longer range partly due to the fact that it’s not carrying around another motor.

Quite so - I knew about it because of the countless videos on youtube I have watched ever since the M3 hit the streets of California and beyond!
I'm hopeful, rightly or wrongly, that once all the waiting lists have been fulfilled, that Tesla will be increasing it's model range configurations globally to attract as many buyers as they can.
I guess only time will tell though.

Correct. it was announced as an off-menu item in April and some salespersons stressed there was a limited quantity. Once all the ones on ships to Europe for the quarter were assigned to orders it disappeared even from the off-menu choices, with the remaining people being nudged to convert their orders to the official on-menu AWD LR.

It might return, of course. It’s still on menu in China, to give an example.

• Helpful
Reactions: -DB-
If Tesla did LR RWD I would order straight away. Range isnt the issue, we have a 75D X and done 36k in 2.5 years with no issues.

But I really really miss RWD, AWD performance on these cars is a bit too clinical, you have to get up to silly speeds to even start feeling some goosebumps like you get when the rear end slides on a RWD car.

SR+ is the next best thing, but I want as much power as possible for RWD. No idea why Tesla offer it in China but not else where :(.

Reactions: -DB-