Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Master Plan Part 2 & 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do we deal with thieves, vandalism in car while its rented out? Several passengers could be fetched per day. Not possible to identify who did what unless cabin video cam is installed. Even then it might not catch sneaky/subversive vandalism attempts

Risk vs rewards my friend. There's risk in business. Nothing is foolproof.

We can mitigate as much as possible with cameras or other means but mischief may happen. It's part of being in business.

Interesting discussion and renderings of the proposed Tesla truck ... Quote from Elon :cool:

Tesla’s Master Plan Part Deux includes future ‘compact SUV’, ‘a new kind of pickup’ and money saving Uber-like service

One of the things that I think should be present in trucks is something like an air suspension that dynamically adjusts the load and sorta keeps the angle of the truck correct and the ride height even and adjust the dampening in real-time. Because the challenge you have with any vehicle where there’s a big potential difference between the minimum and maximum load is that the suspension is always wrong and usually wrong by a lot. I was driving an F-250 down the 405 one day and honestly that thing… it was resonating on 405 on the little ridges. I thought my teeth were going to rattle out of my head. If you put load on it it’s fine, but if you’re empty it’s not. It would be good to do that and obviously to make it light and really handle well. That’s where having a battery pack low can improve the center of gravity. I think it’s possible to produce a really well handling truck that feels good at any load point. That would be really great.

upload_2016-7-21_21-24-29.png

Reactions: Chopr147
Tesla Master Plan Part Trios:
- Build Settlements on Mars
- Conquer subterranean Alien Life; infect them with Butterscotch laced Fabreze Spray.
- Open IHOP on Mars (Artisan Crème Fraîche Pancakes), install SuperCharging stations in parking lot.
- Use profits from IHOP Crème Fraîche Pancakes to build a giant statue of Philip K. Dick wearing XXL Panties.

How do we deal with thieves, vandalism in car while its rented out? Several passengers could be fetched per day. Not possible to identify who did what unless cabin video cam is installed. Even then it might not catch sneaky/subversive vandalism attempts
I'm planning on using such a service, but yah I would definitely put a camera in my car and noticed that people are being recorded...I would find a way to have remote access to this camera, and hopefully I would get a notification on my phone when someone is about to go inside so that I can watch them live as they are using my car...

Talk about sharing your car.........

Anyway, back on point.

I think a more likely scenario for sharing MS would be four or five people getting together and sharing the car complete with near constant detailing. I'd have no problem doing something like that with quality people as I have no need to own my daily driver. It's simply chattel. I want it to show up clean when I need it then go away when I do not. I do not want to have to wash it, charge it, have a garage for it, valet it or find a parking space for it when I go somewhere. I'd gladly contract with a service that provided a super clean year old or less car and whose other customers were vetted such that the car(s) that show up are in good condition. That group/company can watch the in car camera(s) if needed but I would prefer they simply properly vet their customers and avoid problems in the first place.

Reactions: Pdub2015 and ModelX
Talk about sharing your car.........

Anyway, back on point.

I think a more likely scenario for sharing MS would be four or five people getting together and sharing the car complete with near constant detailing. I'd have no problem doing something like that with quality people as I have no need to own my daily driver. It's simply chattel. I want it to show up clean when I need it then go away when I do not. I do not want to have to wash it, charge it, have a garage for it, valet it or find a parking space for it when I go somewhere. I'd gladly contract with a service that provided a super clean year old or less car and whose other customers were vetted such that the car(s) that show up are in good condition. That group/company can watch the in car camera(s) if needed but I would prefer they simply properly vet their customers and avoid problems in the first place.

What you're describing is kind of like the NetJets business model. I think the car sharing concept has room for different classes of cars. In any case, it's pretty far off in the future, since it relies on Level 4 autonomy to work.

Tesla Master Plan Part Trios:
- Build Settlements on Mars
- Conquer subterranean Alien Life; infect them with Butterscotch laced Fabreze Spray.
- Open IHOP on Mars (Artisan Crème Fraîche Pancakes), install SuperCharging stations in parking lot.
- Use profits from IHOP Crème Fraîche Pancakes to build a giant statue of Philip K. Dick wearing XXL Panties.

upload_2016-7-23_20-4-27.png

I want it to show up clean when I need it then go away when I do not.

I would think 4 people sharing the same vehicle would certainly end up needing the vehicle at the same time rather frequently. I'm not so sure the shared vehicle concept is all that workable. Most people have similar working hours, so demand would be high during drive times, and supply would be high during the work day and overnight.