Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Mobile App 3.0 Released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice graphics, but UI is a step backward. The menu structure makes the flow less integrated. Total mileage and VIN is handy. Have not tried the summon screen yet. Seem it can provide more intuitive control.

But come on, the most advanced car on the planet only gets a minimum app.

Here's my wish list:

- Remotely view cameras (the updated BMW Connected app supports that on the 5 series)
- Performance data analysis, including export to spreadsheet
- Diagnostic info, including export
- Start/schedule firmware update
- Adjust charge amperage
- Alarm trigger notification with instant recording of cameras

Agreed on UI. Crisper visuals, but the navigation is less efficient, it it takes more clicks to do the same things... just like with some 8.0 "features". My hope is that they have new features about to be deployed and so they went with this new/more scalable scrolling approach. Personally, showing the vin, mileage and firmware on the main screen is a waste of prime real estate.

I like the camera triggering idea. Also it would be nice to be able to set an "end time" for charging for those of us on a TOU plan.

Please tell me this is not the final "major revamp" EL is/was referring to....

The release is so anti-Elon, he said it will be out in 2 weeks but it came out sooner.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 10.33.45 PM.png

Still no way to turn on the mirror/window defrosters, or heated seats or steering wheel. Definitely nicer looking, but no more functional that the old one. :(

Looks good. But not really an improvement in functionality. Both iOS and Android out and look basically the same.

Setting charge limit is elegant. You can now just grab the line and move it like in the car. Of course you still cannot tell it a time box for charging. Only a start time. Not a big deal for those charging fast but for slower charge it would be nice to shut it down before rates increase in the morning

The big missing feature: Turn on window defrosters. Hello, even those of us in CA need that from time to time. Much more important than the climate preset

31990310364_50678aabc2_b.jpg

Looks good. But not really an improvement in functionality. Both iOS and Android out and look basically the same.

Setting charge limit is elegant. You can now just grab the line and move it like in the car. Of course you still cannot tell it a time box for charging. Only a start time. Not a big deal for those charging fast but for slower charge it would be nice to shut it down before rates increase in the morning

The big missing feature: Turn on window defrosters. Hello, even those of us in CA need that from time to time. Much more important than the climate preset

31990310364_50678aabc2_b.jpg

How did you switch it to kw?