Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 2 performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys think there will be a model 2 performance model hitting 3 sec or sub 0-60? Given it might weigh less.

Or will performance modes be on model 3 and up, with the 2 just being a decent performing car

So far, I think Tesla has been able to get a sufficiently large price addition for Performance models to make them highly profitable to them. Assuming the design can accept it, and the customers for this model behave as they have for the other models, I expect Tesla to offer a P model on the new lower-end car.

They probably won’t want it to eclipse the more profitable cars so I would expect the entry model performance trim to do 0-60 in mid to low 4 sec range and the standard trim to be in the mid to high 5 second range if not higher.

If it uses LFP batteries to save cost, LFP has a lower discharge rate so performance output will be more limited than the current NCA/NMC cars.

Base model S is about as fast as a Performance 3; similar for the base X vs Performance Y. If Tesla follows that precedent, then I'd expect a Performance 2 (if they even make such a car) to be in line with a 3 Base; ~5.X sec 0-60.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 12.16.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 12.16.37 PM.png

Base model S is about as fast as a Performance 3; similar for the base X vs Performance Y. If Tesla follows that precedent, then I'd expect a Performance 2 to be in line with a 3 Base; ~5.X sec 0-60.

View attachment 961166

View attachment 961167
The base S is similar, a little bit slower, than the M3P 0-60, but absolutely torches it after 60....really after like 40 mph. I assume it's the same with the X.

I agree with others that it depends on the batteries used. If it's LFP, it won't be fast and I doubt they try a performance version with LFP, but maybe?