Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Announcement: $35k Model 3 Available, some price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But Nav on Autopilot shifts to FSD option

Also, why is Dual Motor range shorter than RWD?
With Model S wasn't the D range greater than RWD for same battery size?

Dual motor actual range has always been shorter than the RWD cause of the additional drag of the front drive induction motor. Looks like they're just officially correcting the record and making it 'real' numbers instead of deflated ones on the RWD...

Here's a pic of the new Standard Interior:

N6A7nqc.jpg

Also a little tidbit I found in their blog post:
We’re also excited to announce that we’re implementing a number of firmware upgrades for both new and existing customers. These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles.

Maybe faster 0-60 for the P3D?

Ouch. My $72,500 car is now $61,000 for the same config just 6 months later. Even after the $5k refund in December that is still painful. Oh well... it's good for the world overall I suppose.

Not much incentive to be another "Tesla early adopter" again after this experience o_O

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
P3D is now $58k. Also notice how Track Mode is now listed as an exclusive feature.

It's always been listed that way. The text hasn't been updated but you can see that there is an "upgrade" from 145mph to 155mph.

• 20” Performance Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Lowered suspension
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph
  • Track Mode

Re-read the description though - doesn't look like it include NoAP or summon, and possibly any other features.

Total cost of autopilot + FSD appears to be the same.
Yep but those are (to me at least) the gimmicky features that are not must-haves. What the $3k autopilot now includes is what most people wanted, full-speed adaptive cruise and auto emergency breaking. I wouldn't pay $5k for the EAP but I will pay $3k for the Autopilot...

• Helpful
Reactions: pjoseph
LR RWD has gone from $49,000 since I purchased it in August to $43,000. Even with the extra $3750 tax credit, it’s $2,250 cheaper than what I paid for it.

The price of early adaptation I guess!

People out there getting this car for $35k are getting a steal.

LR RWD, MSM, Aero, EAP was $56,700 with delivery and doc fee in August 2018. It is now $48,700. That is freaking ridiculous. I am not happy. That’s $4250 difference after tax credits and that doesn’t even count the higher taxes and interest charges on my purchase.

Price cuts this drastic worry me that there may actually be a demand issue. Not enough people realize how amazing these cars are. If Tesla could throw us a bone for buying earlier that would be nice.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri