Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 owner unlocks car with her arm after implanting RFID chip in it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember back in my younger days when the crazies blathered on about the Mark of the Beast and what not.

Thought they were loony. But then you get a [ hold my beer ] story like this and I just don't know what to think.

To each their own I guess, but when it comes to your body...well...it's your body. Not sure you really want to open it up to Tesla, or any other 'helpful' tech.

Reactions: MXWing
seems unnecessary. I’d rather implant a bluetooth chip me....

There you go, it's like VHS vs Beta video carts all over again ...

But I don't see why anyone would think it was sick or stoopid
if it makes her grin. At this point in her mini-mutilations, it's
a minor detail. More power to her.

Some people have too little to worry about, I think.

Last edited:
Amped, do you think one day in the future, listed homes/properties will be RFID active and you can just walk up and open the locked the door?

I've already enabled my front door with Alexa/Google Asst and Bluetooth lock. As easy as RFID and didn't require shot.

The ignorance and vitriol exhibited towards this woman is pretty ridiculous. Amie isn't mentally ill. Surgery isn't required to implant or remove, it's as simple as cosmetic piercing and removal is pretty quick. She isn't mutilated and medical professionals are unnecessary for this light level of modification.

As for the "number of the beast" people, they're still the same morons that said having credit cards was the number of the beast. Oh, and this other thing was really it, oh and this other thing... and on and on. It's old, and it's dumb. Stop it.

I bet most of these people complaining about her surely don't have a problem with women having nice big round breast implants either. I know I certainly don't!

As Amie says: "Everyone is a body hacker in some way."

As Wil Wheaton says: "Don't be a dick."

Pioneer on, rock star!

i don't think she's looking for attention. that's just her persona. she want's to have the mod and be at the forefront of whatever you call this, let her have it. whether or not it's worth it to her, is just that. UP TO HER

she really is taking one for the team though. i was watching her getting the implant and it was rough and no doubt painful. just look at her face right after, you can tell it was very painful, she was holding back the tears. and the hand articulation clip made me cringe due to the affected muscles used to make the grip gesture and how f*d up they just got after the procedure, lol. the downside of not getting this done at a medical office is you won't be getting any post surgical pain meds and antibiotics. but then again if you have friends in high places.......

What other reason could someone possibly have to do this? Convenience, practicality, for fun?

None? All of the above? Perhaps you might find that she's working with a company that is developing new tech to fit within the long-existing RFID implant market... like VivoKey. There are many practical uses from a technological standpoint. Think of it as fingerprint or iris scanning security with more features including cryptographic security and small data storage, all without a need for batteries.

Someone had mentioned that she was giving Tesla access to her body. That is about as ridiculous as saying you're giving the DMV access to grab your butt because your drivers license is wedged into a slip of leather in your back pocket.

i dont think this is stupid, its pretty cool, like others who have tried using payment chips in their hands. as someone who hates carrying anything i hope we move to a future where everything is bio something or other. with my tesla im down to carrying just a phone now.
house: smartlock and garage,
car: phonekey
payments: 2 credit cards in my phone wallet, or applepay

no keys anymore for me, or wallet...

dont lose my phone, dont lose my phone, dont lose my phone lol

Reactions: KenC and Mongenel
Well I suppose this is an example of solutions-in-search-of-problems that we can all look forward to with Neuralink:

Hold your head next to the B pillar to open your car; daydream about pie to restock your fridge; think in Russian to vote in an election...

Reactions: ALSET YXES
As someone who is totally creeped out by needles I cannot see myself doing this. I don't have tattoos and I hate getting shots, having blood drawn, etc. But that doesn't mean someone else shouldn't do it. I don't like body art, or eating snails, or swimming in cold water. But that's just me and informs the things that I do. The woman with the key card implant is not me. She clearly enjoys making alterations to her body, and it's great that she can do those things.

It's stupid to call someone stupid for having different preferences. She's not stupid, but her critics are, because she's not hurting anyone, other than the pain she chooses to inflict on herself to get what she wants, be it body art or an implant. A lot of people do things that give themselves pain or even injury in order to achieve a goal or participate in an activity.

Reactions: spazzwig