Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only people here who are likely to have any contact with my attorney are the ones who appear intent on openly publishing libel on this forum.

The only way I see more info emerging is if an affected owner files suit against the old and/or new LLC for restitution. Which frankly I’d highly recommend. Small claims should suffice. The swindlers have gone dark.

I've not swindled anyone. And to the best of my knowledge, no one else involved in anything with 057 has swindled anyone either.

To the best of my knowledge, everyone who's been eligible for service under the service plan has received that service. If you should have and you haven't, bear in mind I've no obligation to do anything here whatsoever, but DM me and I will see what I can do. If you've submitted a chargeback, though, don't bother me. People who jump to chargebacks for anything other than real "someone stole my card info" scenarios are not people I care to help with anything. If you'd ever been on the receiving end of a chargeback, you'd understand and would know never to do business with such people.

Anyway, while I think folks mean well, but please stop linking me here. I really shouldn't be wasting time on this, but people seem to know I'm solidly xkcd #386.

I've not swindled anyone.
I didn’t say you did. But it sure seems someone has based on the ongoing reports in this very thread of customers receiving zero response to endless queries through the system you keep directing people to (although this person is conveniently disqualified from receiving your voluntary help because he initiated a chargeback after receiving no response for over a month and had to buy a new battery from Tesla due to 057’s complete and total lack of communication).

Whoever is responsible should be held to account. As I said, I don’t see that happening until someone with a claim actually pursues it via legal channels, given the ongoing and continuous radio silence.

Last edited:
I didn’t say you did.

You've been continuously and directly telling people to sue 057 based on false accusations. You've made sarcastic comments that just openly suggest that I personally am a liar. You are now backpedaling and saying it's "someone" involved and they're "responsible" for something horrible enough that they should be sued for, and that this "someone"(s) is/are "swindlers." It seems pretty clear that comment was directed at me. Yet you have no information on the subject and are not involved at all.

Let's see... let's run through a quick libel checklist.

False Statement? I'm not a "swindler", and provably so. Neither is my former company or anyone involved. ✅
Published? The false statement was posted publicly. Clearly covers the "publishing" part. ✅
Harm? What other purpose could these posts have. False accusations are definitely harming my personal reputation here. The posts are clearly intended to cause harm to me and/or 057. ✅

I mean really, if I'm dragged into court as a result of such false published statements I know darn well what I'll be doing. So, word of advice: If you're not affected by something, and have no first hand knowledge about it, I'd suggest refraining from making false accusations and suggesting/directing others cause harm to a person/company. It's not likely to go well.

(You aren't the only one here doing this.)

Maybe this is happening, nobody's talking. It's all pretty hush hush.

For the record, there's no one currently suing me, 057 Technology, nor to the best of my knowledge 057 Companies. If that changes, I'll let y'all know. But since there's no legitimate reason for anyone to do so... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Again, if you've got a service plan, need service, and haven't gotten it: DM me. Again, I'm not responsible for handling any of that anymore, nor do I have any obligation to do so, but I'm happy to do what I can to intervene if there's some actual issue. As far as I can tell, that's not actually the case despite what appears to be some claims here to the contrary. I'm not getting involved in refunds or other lack of customer service issues or any of that nonsense, but if you actually have an active service plan, you need service, and you aren't getting it, let me know. My DMs have always been open here, and on Twitter/X. I even have a personal email published. I don't see anyone reaching out to me trying to get extended service plan work handled.

Wish people would just stop with the FUD, but that's probably too much to ask of the internet.

(Attempt #47 to stop ending up here.)

Last edited:
I don't see anyone reaching out to me trying to get extended service plan work handled.
Looks like all is good then.
I sold 100% of 057 Tech early in 2023 to a partnership lead by a long time customer who supported the vision and, frankly, has deeper pockets than I for getting more things off the ground and out of development.
Are they a viable source for Tesla repair or are "they" not doing this sort of business? I have no skin in this, only curious.

You've been continuously and directly telling people to sue 057 based on false accusations.
lol, if you want to start threatening people for offering commentary on a he-said-he-said situation unfolding in realtime in a public forum then I guess you do what you gotta. That would seem to say a lot more about your particular situation than mine.

I’m not backpedaling on anything, and I stand by my advice and observations. If someone paid thousands of dollars for something that they’re not getting - per their own accounts - they should pursue any remedies available to them to be made whole. That’s not libel OR rocket science, it’s just common sense.

If everything is as you say and everybody owed anything is getting everything they paid for from whomever is responsible for it, and the people in this thread offering up their personal experiences are just plain liars, then 057 has absolutely nothing to worry about, right? Everyone who could possibly have standing is apparently taken care of. Hell, 057 might actually have a case to press against the people in this very thread spreading lies about their personal experiences, as per your claims everyone owed anything under this service contract has been communicated with and received the service they paid for.

Sigh.

144389040-cute-vector-illustration-of-friends-lying-and-watching-movie-on-laptop-with-popcorn-...jpg

The only people here who are likely to have any contact with my attorney are the ones who appear intent on openly publishing libel on this forum.
You say "I'm done" then come back and threaten, "how dare they draw their own conclusions!"
Sounds like you've got plenty of money to burn, after others have been sticking up for you saying "don't call his attorney, JH will get billed!"
Your bill will be astronomically higher once you have him chasing internet forum posts.
But yes, I invite you to have him call me and mail me. I've ordered from you before, so you have my address and phone number.

You're the one that asked for forgiveness, that's the only reason I suggested you have other people back up your story (a pretty simple concept).
but please stop linking me here. I really shouldn't be wasting time on this
There is an Unwatch button at the top of this page you can click.

There's actually nothing unhandled in the ESP work queue at the moment, and I don't see any unanswered ESP requests when skimming through tickets.

I've had virtually nothing to do with 057 since the summer.
How are you checking that tickets are all caught up at the end of September, when you quit in the summer?

Last edited:
Ahaha this is too funny. I got called out on calling it a warranty and didn’t realize the site was even called 057warranty.

Had me laughing out loud!

Anyone know where I can find more information about this definitely-not-a-warranty? Oh, nevermind, I just found the website:

warranty.057tech.com

In all seriousness, best of luck to everyone still here.

How are you checking that tickets are all caught up at the end of September, when you quit in the summer?
Agreed. I can confidently say that Hughes was respected by everyone on this forum for years. But I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it here: he currently seems the most openly secretive person on the Internet. An NDA, which I don't doubt exists, just appears awfully convenient from our space station perspective.

057 site won't reply. The building is empty. The current owner(s) have made no attempt to contact any of us - they certainly must know the current drama here. There's a member here that claims he did not receive 057 service. Hughes claims he has nothing to do with the business anymore. Hughes can't comment to the business operating or not operating. AND YET, Hughes says to DM him if there's a service need and he'll [pass the info up the chain] for us? Ok.

(I'm not going to tag or direct questions to Hughes as it's painfully obvious it goes nowhere, apparently because my car still functions. However, I made several attempts to acquire my 057 monitor device, which was part of the plan, since May 2023. And I DO have unanswered tickets.)

A portion of this service plan was the monitoring device. This played a large role in my decision to sign up, as it was described as [allowing 057 to actively identify certain problems early enough to prevent major losses and/or inconveniences]. There is/was a goodwill gesture that 057 would cover losses without an initial battery verification by the device until the units became available. However, that doesn't curb the supposed major losses or inconveniences the device promised. Has anyone here received this device after Q1 2023?

Hughes can't comment to the business operating or not operating. AND YET, Hughes says to DM him if there's a service need and he'll [pass the info up the chain] for us? Ok.
Has anyone DMed JH? His post says nobody has emailed with questions but no mention of DMs.

Just a note: the company was sold 100%. To me that also means the name was sold. JH pops in here with comments every now and then. I bet the new people and others are also monitoring this thread.

Reactions: CrankyGypsy
Hughes claims he has nothing to do with the business anymore. Hughes can't comment to the business operating or not operating. AND YET, Hughes says to DM him if there's a service need and he'll [pass the info up the chain] for us? Ok.
FYI I participate in other tech related forums and there are some members that were former employees (not even in management or part of ownership) and they have old contacts that still work in the company and are able to reach out and help members resolve issues that regular CS channels were not able to resolve. So someone that has nothing to do with a business any longer being able to help isn't unusual in any way. The caveat is they are not obligated to help and it's all unofficial (so they don't appreciate being treated like a CS agent that's still employed by the company).

FYI I participate in other tech related forums and there are some members that were former employees (not even in management or part of ownership) and they have old contacts that still work in the company and are able to reach out and help members resolve issues that regular CS channels were not able to resolve. So someone that has nothing to do with a business any longer being able to help isn't unusual in any way. The caveat is they are not obligated to help and it's all unofficial (so they don't appreciate being treated like a CS agent that's still employed by the company).
By "work in the company " do you mean 057? If so, that implies 057 is still providing services...

Reactions: zoomer0056
... So someone that has nothing to do with a business any longer being able to help isn't unusual in any way. The caveat is they are not obligated to help and it's all unofficial (so they don't appreciate being treated like a CS agent that's still employed by the company).
I understand this and it is does not change my view...

This is a direct quote from a post by Hughes found here in Oct 2023:

"...While I'm sure there will be rampant speculation all around, I can not get into details right now. Suffice it to say I'm not as much in the loop as I would've been a year ago, but I am still doing what I can to help push things along in a positive direction. I must leave it at that for the moment, but I will be back as soon as possible with a detailed update. Should all be clear before then, but I don't have the reins needed to do that right now. Please respect that I simply can not address anything right now, or I certainly would. May not be extremely soon, but will make a post the instant I'm able to do so."

And Hughes' current signature: "This account will remain inactive for the foreseeable future. I have no desire nor time to deal with members here spreading FUD about me. Just not worth it. Sorry to all who miss out. Thank the local trolls!"

I'm going to air my grievances at this point, as I've had over a month to reconcile this issue internally with what little info could be sourced here. I was doing better until I saw the recent posts by Hughes and the white knights. Hughes has repeatedly threatened to abandoned this issue ... par for the course, I guess? And he continues to blame the very people that were funding his business, allowing him the mid-2023 opportunity (be it good or bad - but I feel it was very good bc Hughes admitted this isn't a business of longevity) to garner interest from a few customers and effectively sell his way out of the company. I did not have that luxury when my shop folded during the housing crisis, 15yrs ago, just as we were about to turn profits. I didn't get to just walk away and we made sure every single active customer was in-the-know and square. Hughes may not have made a fortune (by his own accounts), but my partner and I were both admittedly very naive, in debt, forced to pivot into completely different careers, and had our credit affected for years. Don't cry for me, but I want to be clear that I feel Hughes is where he is right now because of Hughes and no one else. And yet Hughes compels the members to loathe those that have been left wondering what is actually going on, while also vaguely insisting everything is mysteriously operating status quo at 057. Some of the "local trolls" were the very people that made his current position possible, which is apparently free-and-clear to move to his next project. If I wanted to be a real jerk, I would add something like, "You're welcome, Jason." But I won't.

I volunteer to host a Zoom session on this topic so that all parties concerned can contribute beyond the current written back and forth. Please let me know your availablity from 13-20 Feb. PM me if you so desire.

I'll then schedule a time best suited to everyone. I am in Pacific Standard Time.

View attachment 1017947
Good one, but I doubt there will be any interest. Those that can do anything are hush hush.