Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I'm going to buy an used Tesla Model S. The car is perfect but it has jus one problem. There's written, that MULTI AIR COMPRESSOR isn't working. so can u help me? is that multi air compressor A/C compressor ? and what is approximate costs of that compressor to buy?

If the car is equipped with air suspension more than likely they’re talking about that. Some model S have an air compressor built in to adjust ride height as necessary. If that’s the case it shouldn’t affect your air conditioning at all but I would be concerned about your suspension.

If the car is equipped with air suspension more than likely they’re talking about that. Some model S have an air compressor built in to adjust ride height as necessary. If that’s the case it shouldn’t affect your air conditioning at all but I would be concerned about your suspension.
Thanks. Your reply was really helpful. btw have u any info about costs of that compressor ?

I don't know what that repair might entail but the other issue you *may* encounter is the length of time it will take to get the part. I think that is why consulting with a SC is the right move (geography problems considered). It once took me 7 months to get a replacement seat, so although I have NO idea what this repair might entail, there would be nothing worse than buying the car only to find it isn't really fully usefull until you get a replacement part that takes months to get.

I don't know what that repair might entail but the other issue you *may* encounter is the length of time it will take to get the part. I think that is why consulting with a SC is the right move (geography problems considered). It once took me 7 months to get a replacement seat, so although I have NO idea what this repair might entail, there would be nothing worse than buying the car only to find it isn't really fully usefull until you get a replacement part that takes months to get.

thanks

I see they are telling you the compressor has failed. But.
I would be careful making the assumption that it is the pump that has failed. It may be a leak elsewhere in the system.
But if the price is right could be worth the trouble to find the problem and fix it.
Maybe even yourself if your a bit handy at troubleshooting cars.

Reactions: 365gtb4
The service and support for this car will be severely limited, since you're in a country where Teslas are not currently sold (a "gray market" country). Read this document from Tesla that describes what to expect.

Secondly, you should make sure that this car doesn't have a salvage title (or the equivalent in wherever it's currently located). It's unfortunately very common for previously-wrecked salvage vehicles to be sold to unsuspecting buyers in gray market countries. Tesla will not sell any parts for these "unsupported" cars and will not repair them, either. There are many threads on the subject of unsupported vehicles on this site--search for "unsupported" for more information.

• Informative
Reactions: Jashev