Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X/S Price drop!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BC599A0C-D40F-4A68-83F5-4CC2899438A4.jpeg

I got too. I worried about this car is a ''old' inventory
I am still waiting for a VIN and ordered early Feb so they have not tried to use old stock on me so far. When I ordered it , it was after the recent brake update (red covers and improved pads) so I will reject any car that does not have those latest updates to ensure it’s not old stock. I suspect it should also have HW4 at this point as well.

I am still waiting for a VIN and ordered early Feb so they have not tried to use old stock on me so far. When I ordered it , it was after the recent brake update (red covers and improved pads) so I will reject any car that does not have those latest updates to ensure it’s not old stock. I suspect it should also have HW4 at this point as well.
Agree. I worried to get a car with hw3 and old battery

I think the Vin will be released if you don't schedule delivery. Next, you order will be added to the back of the line. If you declined the second chance, we will eat the $250 by ourself.

Reactions: ShareLofty
I am not too worried if I have to wait for another one...the lead time on the X Plaid is not that bad. I don't expect HW4 since it was unknown at the time of order, but I will not take delivery on one missing an update that is part of the spec at the time of order. This will be my third Tesla purchase, and they always want the check before looking over the car, but I insist on looking over the car inside/out before handing it over and accepting the car.

Based on the original lead time for an X Plaid and the fact that I am still waiting for a VIN, I am probably past the point of getting old stock. I would have been more worried if I had gotten a VIN early.

Dropping prices to clear out inventory in anticipation of HW4 and 3680 batteries?
There is practically zero chance of any battery architecture changes coming to S/X any time soon. They just significantly redesigned the pack with the recent refresh.

There’s no significant “inventory” to clear out. It’s not like they keep tens of thousands of cars sitting around on dealer lots.

Obvious answer: S/X are too expensive for current market conditions.

There is practically zero chance of any battery architecture changes coming to S/X any time soon. They just significantly redesigned the pack with the recent refresh.

There’s no significant “inventory” to clear out. It’s not like they keep tens of thousands of cars sitting around on dealer lots.

I have two friends who just got their EV from Mercedes Benz and another two coworkers from BMW and Hyundai...
The competition is real in 2023

Reactions: msm859

There are currently 400 MX sitting on lots in inventory. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things but still a good number they can try to push on you. Most, if not all, without the recent HW4 camera/radar update that just started shipping.