Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to German News site Der Tegesspiegel, approval for the Teslas Giga Berlin factory should be granted on Thursday or Friday of this upcoming week. A grand opening ceremony is already being planned either on 22/23 March 2022.

and Giga Austin also starting production and selling cars around same timeframe.

I am expecting Q2 will open order page for delivery in Q4 2022/Q1 2023 for Aus.

• Informative
Reactions: Leeroy and Vostok
So same as the P2 then? .. ok slightly worse range.. but actual suv

I completely agree, If I were to choose between these two cars, I'd take the XC40 too, the interior is roomier both in the back and front, the SUV format has its advantages. Pricing is pretty similar compared to the long range dual motor P2. Infact i believe is cheaper. I think they are both handsome cars. Energy efficiency on both is not great.

I'd still wait for a Model Y though, not giving up that supercharger network.

You said: "The P2 is the same platform as the xc40??"

The answer is yes, same as the article you linked goes over this (I assume you read it), and also explained in the link I provided.

In the article you linked it says:
CMA-2.png

So, yes the XC40 and P2 is based on the same CMA platform, see below:

CMA.png

According to German News site Der Tegesspiegel, approval for the Teslas Giga Berlin factory should be granted on Thursday or Friday of this upcoming week. A grand opening ceremony is already being planned either on 22/23 March 2022.

and Giga Austin also starting production and selling cars around same timeframe.

I am expecting Q2 will open order page for delivery in Q4 2022/Q1 2023 for Aus.
I am very excited by the news. I think Austin wins right because they have already assigned vins? I also read the Berlin opening party could be scheduled for 1 April?

Lets just hope the news is actually right this time and they get the approval because as noted they that court case this friday so im wondering if the approval is dependant on the outcome of that?

Really hope they open orders in Q2 or just now with delivery Q3/Q4.

I am very excited by the news. I think Austin wins right because they have already assigned vins? I also read the Berlin opening party could be scheduled for 1 April?

Lets just hope the news is actually right this time and they get the approval because as noted they that court case this friday so im wondering if the approval is dependant on the outcome of that?

Really hope they open orders in Q2 or just now with delivery Q3/Q4.

as per the rumor, the party is on 22/23 march with around 60 deliveries happening to the customers.

Surely not?!?! 🤣
Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, has announced the date of Tesla’s Giga Fest at Giga Texas — twice. He actually pulled a prank with the first one when he told us it would be on April 1st. A lot of people, including myself, were a little frustrated, but Elon wouldn’t be Elon if he didn’t pull some type of April Fools prank on us. I just wasn’t expecting one before Mardi Gras.

Gail Alfar asked Elon if a date had been planned for the Giga Fest and his replies are below.

Actually, April 7th
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
February 19, 2022

as we know AUS stock comes from GF Shanghai so not sure AUD vs USD.. perhaps demand there and parts supply constraints, wouldn't be surprised if few more price hikes in the coming months
I thought i read somewhere previously that our pricing was based on US because there was a big whinge when we started receiving cars from Shanghai and at their conversion rate our Model 3 should have been closer to 50K after taxes and imports. This may have changed now so not 100% on that. I think at moment AUD vs CY after conversion brings the 3 closer to 56K without taxes.