Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just got an LR actual delivery date of 17th June ex Mulgrave in Melbourne. Seems like a two to three week delay between the very first YLR deliveries here in Melbourne (already picked up) and a bunch of texts going out now for around the 17th. Have not seen posts for deliveries in between. Still, happy to lock in a date finally after 1 year and 4 days.

I've just got an LR actual delivery date of 17th June ex Mulgrave in Melbourne. Seems like a two to three week delay between the very first YLR deliveries here in Melbourne (already picked up) and a bunch of texts going out now for around the 17th. Have not seen posts for deliveries in between. Still, happy to lock in a date finally after 1 year and 4 days.
Thanks for sharing and congrats. Would you say the time between ship docking to actual delivery is more than 4 weeks?

Thanks for sharing and congrats. Would you say the time between ship docking to actual delivery is more than 4 weeks?
Well yes it will be. Grand Eagle docked here on 18/5 and that is when my RAV database entry got created. 17th June delivery is four weeks and a few days. But some lucky others only had to wait between ten and twenty days, but only a very few it seems. From other reports it seems the Melb port delays then local car carrier blockages means getting the cars to the delivery locations from the ports is taking *forever* (well forever to us). I can imagine the Tesla staff here are just as frustrated and annoyed as we are, so I feel it is harsh to be severely criticising them when a lot of the problems (ports and carrier availability) are totally out of their control and they are competing with other car companies. As someone else said, our Australian ports are and always have been a "protected species" (aka a law unto themselves) and the infrastructure and processes (e.g. pest inspections) has clearly not kept up with ever increasing import volumes, in car terms since our local production fell over several years ago.

*End of rant* 😀

Reactions: MyPWSyd
Well yes it will be. Grand Eagle docked here on 18/5 and that is when my RAV database entry got created. 17th June delivery is four weeks and a few days. But some lucky others only had to wait between ten and twenty days, but only a very few it seems. From other reports it seems the Melb port delays then local car carrier blockages means getting the cars to the delivery locations from the ports is taking *forever* (well forever to us). I can imagine the Tesla staff here are just as frustrated and annoyed as we are, so I feel it is harsh to be severely criticising them when a lot of the problems (ports and carrier availability) are totally out of their control and they are competing with other car companies. As someone else said, our Australian ports are and always have been a "protected species" (aka a law unto themselves) and the infrastructure and processes (e.g. pest inspections) has clearly not kept up with ever increasing import volumes, in car terms since our local production fell over several years ago.

*End of rant* 😀
Yeah the ports are a bit of a mess although it’s working in my favour as I want July delivery/final invoice to qualify for FTB exemption. Keep us posted with your delivery.

Reactions: Stuart2023
it seems I may have the updated cameras, there are 3 now at the front, unless I am going crazy.
The updated cameras (HW4) only have two at the front, with a dummy taking up the third spot.
HW3 had three cameras.

1685696471683.png

Picked up my Y LR today! I love it!!! Shame no performance boost available yet in the app :( Also, it seems I may have the updated cameras, there are 3 now at the front, unless I am going crazy.
Congratulations! Probably one of the first in the country. HW4 on Model 3/Y is supposedly only coming out of the Fremont factory, and not yet from Shanghai (where all Australia bound cars originate) that anyone has reported on.

Another way to supposedly tell if it's HW4 cameras is a coating on the lens that makes it look red (link to Twitter).

Probably a better indicator is the new housing for the side repeater camera. Or maybe the image off the cameras themselves - HW4 is apparently a wider aspect ratio, and the Sentry footage is higher resolution/bitrate.

1685710942683.png

I hope Zombie is right about this - but can you confirm you've got parking sensors all around?

Last edited:
Reactions: Quickst