Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y-LR in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find the post now but someone's already taken delivery of their Y-LR right? I'm trying to order some seat covers ahead of receiving our car so they turn up around the same time, but the seller mentioned that 2023 Y's (at least in China) have a an extended rear seat, but none of the AU cars seem to have this. So I'm hoping anyone who's taken delivery of their Y LR can confirm if it has this extra 30mm in their rear seat? TIA

View attachment 946435
Yes, the Model Y delivery is from China. It extended the back seat since October 2022, but there is also an aftermarket extension for the rear seat only for the domestic Model Y in China before October 10, 2022

We have the seat cover, which fully covers the whole seat and is made of OEM-style nappa material with a breathable design, and reserved the large airbag design cut.

I think we can still request a later delivery date if it is before the EOFY. My friend got his schedule-for-delivery text one week in advance. If we haven't received any similar text within the next two days, I reckon it will be after the EOFY.
I was told by Tesla Brisbane I couldn't defer delivery, that I had to accept it on the nominated date (which is weird). However the updated EDD today tends to have me agreeing with you that July is most likely.

I was told by Tesla Brisbane I couldn't defer delivery, that I had to accept it on the nominated date (which is weird). However the updated EDD today tends to have me agreeing with you that July is most likely.
order agreement.jpg

If you check the Order Agreement, it sounds like we're entitled to take delivery within one week of the actual delivery date. This means if they can't schedule the delivery before this Saturday (24 June), we should be allowed to take the delivery on or after 1 July.

You're right. I reckon it's most likely coming in early July based on the updated EDD today.

Reactions: Power Hungry