Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Phantom Touches on Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All!

I have a 2021 Model Y and starting in June or July, my touchscreen started getting these random screen phantom touches. At first, it was not so bad. Now it is constant. I took the car to the dealer and they said they can find nothing on their logs, but said its a software problem with FSB. I just FSB 30 days ago! They refused to replace the defective screen because their data log show nothing, although it was doing it while they had it. They gave the car back still with the issue and said they will probably have a software update in the next three months. Is anyone having these issues?

Here is a few videos that shows the problem:

Did I mention this is constant now?

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Tesla need to wipe the software re-install you have a corrupt software.

I believe one off the updates either FSD or regular corrupt your stack

Go back tell them need fresh install re calibrate everything probably take two to three days

Try another tesla SC or call corporate

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
This is a new one, haven't seen this before. I feel for ya OP, that would drive me insane. I'd remind service that it's unacceptable and a major safety concern. The what ifs...
Not a new one at all.

Had been going on with early Model 3's to numerous folks. Google for site:teslamotorsclub.com model 3 phantom touches. Edmunds seemingly ran into it on their 3 around the same time. See Monthly Update for April 2018 - 2017 Tesla Model 3 Long-Term Road Test. Look under Where Did We Drive It? and Maintenance and Upkeep.

Here's a thread from Feb 2018: Phantom touch on the Model 3, as an example.

Thank you all. I resubmitted a service claim and I am trying to get ahold of someone in corporate.

New issues started this week that I noticed. Car will fail to go to sleep from time to time leaving the car unlocked, AC, and Stereo on while I'm at home or out and about. Each time i confirmed not phone keys or card keys in the vehicle. I started to notice it when I would get "The Doors are Unlocked" Notifications while I was out Christmas Shopping.