Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a funny one tonight. My SO's cousin was in town. His son lives in Tacoma and he wanted to take his grandkids to Portland with his 90 year old mother to do some tourist stuff and see his cousin. The cousin lives down in San Jose.

His mother is staying with us tonight and they got a hotel room with the kids near our house. I told him he could follow me back and we were talking about where we were parked etc. He was parked more along the way back to the freeway so I told him I'd get my car and he could follow. I said casually it's a white Tesla and he said "yeah, OK" like I said Camry. Then he did a double take and said "what???!!!" He had to come down the street and take a look at it, take pictures of the kids standing next to it (he wanted to make his son jealous), and insisted his mother go home with us so she could ride in it. She didn't really track there was anything different about it though.

The kids are only 6 and 8 so they didn't really know what it was, but they were fascinated with the big screen in the car and generally thought it looked cool.

One of my SO's other cousins (brother of the one we met tonight) is due in tonight. He wanted to stay here on his way back to the Bay Area so he could get a ride in my car. I need to tease them that they live a short drive from the factory where they're made (the cousins both live in east San Jose).

I'm at a stoplight today in a medium sized city when an angry looking and possibly drunk shirtless dude with long hair and a bunch of tattoos is strolling across the crosswalk in front of me with who was presumably his girlfriend. The girlfriend points at my silver metallic 2017 S 100D and gives me a thumbs up. The guy looks at me with furrowed brows and starts asking me a question. I turn off the tunes, roll down the window, and the guy asks, "What kind of car is that?" I say "It's a Tesla." He has a perplexed expression, as if if he's never heard of Tesla. I say "It's fully electric." He nods and his girlfriend smiles. His face softens. "It's beautiful he says," to which she nods and agrees. "Is it fast?": He asks. "Like lightning," I reply. He smiles, gives me the thumbs up, and says, "Be safe, brother." I give him a wink, say "I will," and I zip off.

These days I let my mother drive my Model S. She once brought 2 other people who she practice musical instruments with. That day, she said she would treat them to a dinner and there were deciding whose cars they should choose. She confidently said let's go with her car. The people stared at the car and surprised that it was all electric. After the dinner, one of those two would not leave the seat for a while as if this were going to be his last ride for the Tesla.

When my mom said this story, I had the Tesla grin. ;)

And today I met nice old couple at the Whole Food and they were asking me how long it takes charge and they were seriously considering to buy it.. Guess what I said? I said go for it and I love it so much that I bought two cars in six month frame. They probably thought I was quite young and said "Congrats on your vehicle."

Gosh, now I feel Tesla sales agent with no commissions. :rolleyes:

Still trying to get my head around my newly acquired CPO Signature S85. While it seems nothing in the car is ground breaking technology, most of the tech has been around for some time. What amazes me is that no one has ever assembled the puzzle like this before!! and packaged it in a CAR!!

I keep thinking that "all cars" should be like this!! There really is no going back. Even though I'm driving what many here would likely consider an "old" Model S with limited capabilities (it being a 2012), it is new to me.. there is currently no other ICE sedan I'd rather own "at any price point"

This "Tesla Grin" is going to last a long time :)

On a side note The realization hit home today that I am no longer tied to the volatile prices at the gas pump. bought my last gas about two months ago, Heck! I don't even know what gas costs currently, and don't care!! lol!! what a liberating feeling to have!!

On a side note The realization hit home today that I am no longer tied to the volatile prices at the gas pump. bought my last gas about two months ago, Heck! I don't even know what gas costs currently, and don't care!! lol!! what a liberating feeling to have!!

That also happened to me a few years ago after I got my P85+. I no longer really know what gas prices are, or if they're currently up or down. They just *are*. I do have to fill up my other car (BMW M5) once every couple months, and it feels just so antiquated to me.

That also happened to me a few years ago after I got my P85+. I no longer really know what gas prices are, or if they're currently up or down. They just *are*. I do have to fill up my other car (BMW M5) once every couple months, and it feels just so antiquated to me.
Having the Model S as my sole car, the only time I go to a gas station is to buy 0.4 gallons for my chainsaw for my winter tree-thinning project. I did check gas prices yesterday out of curiosity — $2.559/gallon was the lowest — but since I don't know what they were before I don't know if that's any higher than a week ago.

Having the Model S as my sole car, the only time I go to a gas station is to buy 0.4 gallons for my chainsaw for my winter tree-thinning project. I did check gas prices yesterday out of curiosity — $2.559/gallon was the lowest — but since I don't know what they were before I don't know if that's any higher than a week ago.

I hear you there. My Model S is like yours, my only car "or vehicle of any kind". It gets used for everything! I do hope it proves to be as reliable as the last vehicle that I had which was a Chevy Volt I honestly can't say anything bad about that volt it was Rock Solid and performed better than advertised it was just a little smallish and I wanted a larger platform and I wanted to ditch the ICE.

Even though we have a pretty good number of Teslas in Tampa Bay, I still sometimes go a week or so without seeing another one. Not so Friday, on my way home from work I was in the center lane of 3 lanes, on AP, when I noticed in my side view mirror that I had passed a beautiful silver refreshed S. At the next red light, he was going to be a car length ahead of me, so I was ready to wave just in case...although most of the time I get nothing :(. Well, he not only saw me, he was leaning over across his passenger seat so I'd be sure to see him through his window tint, giving me a thumbs up!

Why I still don't think to do the thumbs up after more than 4 years is beyond me, instead what he got back was a woman waving like a chimp on too much caffeine.

Had the pleasure of meeting @PhillyGal (Electric Jen of Youtube fame) and her husband Paul (you can see him on on the right between their Tesla and a white Jeep). She's as nice in person as she appears on youtube!

And for those who say "pics or it didn't happen"...(she's the one in the red, I'm the one in the gray in case you don't recognize her!):

IMG_5750.JPG

Last edited:
That moment when I picked up my inventory S 90D today was very special, then driving back home for the first time made it even sweeter. What truly made the entire day that much more surreal was after getting to my apartment and charging for the first time. Literally a few seconds later, people started gathering around the car and were amazed at how good the car looked. One guy said that he was interested in getting an electric car a while back but didn't find the design and impracticality appealing and now wished he had the money to buy a Tesla. Another one said that he thought about putting a reservation down on Model 3. I started explaining to them about how amazing the car is and I get the feeling that there will be lot more of these gatherings from here on end. I can't imagine many other ICE cars having this same effect and its moments like these that makes owning a Tesla that much more special!
IMG_0257.JPG

Took my lowly 75 in for service today.

Loaner is a 100D. 5 miles on the odometer. 100% charged. With the recent many incremental improvements (especially the more comfortable seats and the lighter doors). My Tesla grin is at a new high.

Never have been treated better in life. At least by a car maker. i am seriously tempted to buy it :)

100% charged?!? That seems like an odd choice, unless you specifically asked for it. Have fun with it. :)