Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at a gathering this week where a mid-level manager for BMW factory was present. He asked some polite questions about my S and then volunteered that, while driving with his family through Scandinavia this summer, his young son kept pointing and exclaiming from the back seat, "Papa! Ein Tesla!" Then many more times, "Papa, noch ein Tesla!"

Must have been galling for him to hear his son's lack of loyalty to dad's employer. :)

I picked my car up Tuesday night. I park in a apartment parking garage and my spot is sandwiched between a wall and an SUV. I decided I'd park extremely close to the wall to avoid the SUV possibly opening its door too far and hitting my car. Yesterday, I was installing my dashcam. I was doing a bunch of stuff initially in the drivers seat. Eventually, I had to run the wiring for the rear cam (running the wire down the passenger side), so I climbed over into the passenger over the center console. After quite a while of getting the wire routed correctly near the airbag and the front passenger door I needed to move into the back seat. I was really dreading moving back over the center console when I realized I hadn't used summon yet! I took my phone out and summoned the car forward past the wall, got out and moved to the back seat, then used summon to put it back in the parking spot while I was sitting in the back seat!! :eek:

Since taking delivery in May, I've had a few common things, and a few unique events:

At an intersection, a woman in a van rolled down her window and the rear window so she and her son could say something to me. I rolled my window down and she shouted "What a beautiful Tesla! I love the color!" Her son quickly added that his uncle has a Tesla and that it is his favorite car. His mom followed up with "It's the only car he wants when he grows up." That was pretty cool. I just smiled and nodded and thanked them for their kind words and then told the kid that he has to get one!

On the way to Williamsburg, VA, my longest road trip since taking delivery, I finally understood the value of EAP. From the Richmond Supercharger in Glen Allen all the way to my exit 242 near my Hotel (Doubletree w/ Tesla Destination Charging), the car drove the entire time. I had almost no driver fatigue and felt like I hadn't even been driving.

After travelling with my family to totality in Sparta, TN for the eclipse, we stopped at a parking lot that was PACKED with fellow eclipse viewers. I had lots of people walk up and talk about my car. I offered for each one to sit in the driver's seat, but no one took me up on it. I happily answered questions about 1. Range, 2. Autopilot, and 3. Acceleration mostly. As an added bonus, EAP drove about 1,500 miles of the almost 2,000 mile trip.

Most of my service center dealings have also been okay. While I've had a few issues that are outside of Tesla's control, the folks at the service centers are very professional and eager to get any issues resolved.

-DJ

Driving home when I see a police officer gaining on me without emergency lights on. Didn't think much of it until he started pacing beside me. Couple seconds later I look over to see what was going on and see that he had his passenger window down with his hand cupped over his ear noting the lack of engine noise! A big smile went across his face as we exchange thumbs up and proceed on our way.:)

Driving home when I see a police officer gaining on me without emergency lights on. Didn't think much of it until he started pacing beside me. Couple seconds later I look over to see what was going on and see that he had his passenger window down with his hand cupped over his ear noting the lack of engine noise! A big smile went across his face as we exchange thumbs up and proceed on our way.:)

And he was probably speeding. Gross use of power right there. If anyone else did that they would have a ticket probably...unless they are in Florida where it is the wild west.

• Disagree
Reactions: BlueRidgeksky
That's always fun. Wait till year 5 and you HAVE to go into a gas station to buy a powerball ticket, then you get back in your car and drive away hoping to never have to stop at one again.

Once in awhile (particularly after a long road trip), I stop by a gas station and park right by an empty pump - to reach for the squeegee and clear the bugs off my windscreen. Then I drive off of course - much to the confusion of the people starring at me with their fossil cars!

Reactions: Lu Ann