Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sister, who told me infrustration to get a job with Tesla and quit trying to sell it to her, gave me this mug.
16403916298124039762363765067518.jpg

I had a Tesla moment the other day. I still notice other Teslas and often give them a look. The other day a Model 3 pulled up to a light next to me and I looked over, noting the black door handles which makes it a recent production model. As I was looking the driver gave me a thumbs up.

I've also had a couple of times in the last few months where I noted a Tesla in a business parking lot and mentioned it to someone inside only to find out it was their car. The first was at a Subaru dealership where I noticed the employee of the month parking spot had a new Model 3 in it. It belonged to the guy who helped us get my partner's Impreza back. He was loving his car, it was only a month old.

The other was at the dentist. My dentist had a Model S before I did and he's since upgraded to an S 100D, but I noticed a new Model Y in the parking lot when I was in for a cleaning and it belonged to my hygienist. That one was brand new too. I answered some of her questions.

These days most Tesla owners are oblivious to other Teslas around them.

I'm sure it's different in some places (California!), but where I live in rural small-town Texas any Tesla is still an uncommon sight.

This afternoon when I was starting to put my Model S (wrapped in eye-catching "Atomic Teal" vinyl!) away in the garage, I decided instead to take a brief little spin. I went through town first, then made a familiar loop on the farm-to-market roads that partially encircle the town. I came up behind a very large and slow-moving piece of farm machinery, and I was only beginning to think of how to get around it when an oncoming car suddenly appeared over the hill and whizzed past. I only had time to catch a glimpse. . . of a black Model S with the older style nose.

I wonder if the other driver was as startled as I was? I mean, what are the odds?

And then, as I looped back through town on the way home, past a convenience store where a couple of kids were goofing around, one of them saw my car and yelled, "The Tesla!"

The house two doors down from our home went up for sale yesterday.

This afternoon, while on my final approach to my home, I noticed that the real estate salesperson was just about to begin a guided sales tour of the sale property.

The family that was about to start the sales tour was getting out of their vehicle.

There were four children in the family and one of the young lads (my guess, around eight years old) immediately noticed my TM3 as I slowly drove by.

He ensured that all his family members knew about my car as he managed to hijack everyones attention away from the front of the new house and directed everyone’s gaze over to my place as I pulled into the garage.

There were four children in the family and one of the young lads (my guess, around eight years old) immediately noticed my TM3 as I slowly drove by.

He ensured that all his family members knew about my car as he managed to hijack everyones attention away from the front of the new house and directed everyone’s gaze over to my place as I pulled into the garage.

The salesperson owes you a cut of their commission.

The house two doors down from our home went up for sale yesterday.

This afternoon, while on my final approach to my home, I noticed that the real estate salesperson was just about to begin a guided sales tour of the sale property.

The family that was about to start the sales tour was getting out of their vehicle.

Ok, I'm assumimng that was a good thing..... but it also could've been a "Omigod!! One of those kind of people live in this neighborhood!! " conversation.

Ok, I'm assumimng that was a good thing..... but it also could've been a "Omigod!! One of those kind of people live in this neighborhood!! " conversation.
The dead giveaway to neighbourhood newbie’s that we are “one of those kind of people” are the two PV solar arrays (and one solar water heater array for good measure) in plain view on our steel rooftop. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: gavine and aesculus
My wife and I were driving through a neighborhood looking at houses for sale on Zillow in our M3. As we slowed down to look at one of the houses we noticed a real estate agent was removing part of the for sale sign. He saw us drive by. Figuring the house had sold we decided to just drive around the neighborhood to see what it was like. As we were making our way around we saw the agent driving toward us, flagging us down. He asked if we wanted to see the house, that it was still available, and gave us his card. Driving away my wife and I agreed that would never have happened if we were driving our previous Honda Insight.

Unfortunately the wonderful stories from the beginning of Tesla are drying up.
Hope that as soon as the cybertruck and roadster II start driving around, they will prove to be the restart of delightful Tesla-tales here.
It may be unfortunate that they are drying up (from a feel good point of view) but IMO that simply tells me that Tesla’s have become “normal” because there are enough of them around.

Double edge sword I suppose.

My brother (retired from real work) drives new/off lease/slightly used vehicles to/from auctions/dealer lots for a chap in the Toronto area.

Yesterday when my brother showed up at his bosses compound, “It looked like Tesla central”.

When he asked his boss what the story was, the reply was “We are getting into EVs now”.

The long and the short of it: there were “two brand new Model Ys that (his boss) bought from (?) and they are being sold to a Chrysler dealership in Toronto that wants new Tesla’s on the lot.”

We live in interesting times.