Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a nice Tesla mug for my desk to hold some pens and what not.

3 people already have asked "Did you get one????"

"No but I have one on order and will be delivered in August-September."

"I never knew they paid you that much."

Awkward silence...end scene.

Yea, this is going to be a common Tesla moment with friends, family and coworkers. Whether for the good or bad. :)
Yeah, that happens. It is a situation that (in my case) was made worse by my childlike excitement when I finally got my Tesla. I'm 100% positive some people (mis)interpreted that as douchebaggery on my part.

"No but I have one on order and will be delivered in August-September."

"I never knew they paid you that much."

Awkward silence...end scene.

Yea, this is going to be a common Tesla moment with friends, family and coworkers. Whether for the good or bad. :)

I didn't tell anyone at work except my boss. He was more excited than I was and totally brought it up in a team meeting. He apologized to me at our next one-on-one meeting and asked if anyone was making any such inklings. He was please they weren't. He had been approached about it and said "if you want to be single with no kids, you can probably buy any car you want." Not a peep to either of us since.

This last weekend we had an annual get together we host every year with friends. This year was a small turnout, but we did have folks from Atlanta, Florida, and eastern Washington. I didn't tell anyone ahead of time.

The woman from Florida came in first and I wasn't able to go to the airport to pick her up. My SO picked her up in her Subaru and had her go in the front door so she wouldn't see the Tesla. The cat left the bag the next morning when she went out to the garage to get something before we got up.

The next was the couple from Atlanta. They came in on the red eye and he was very tired. I popped the hatch as we approached the car and all he said was, "I want to drive that car!" When I started loading their bags, he stood there completely baffled about what was going on. The next day when he had gotten some sleep he was quite exited about the car and I let him drive it in the Columbia Gorge. His wife was less enthusiastic, but she's not into vehicles at all. She did comment on how amazingly quiet the car was as well as the smooth ride.

The woman from Eastern Washington showed up while I was running an errand so I pulled in very close to the garage door so the car couldn't be seen from inside the house. We immediately headed out and I volunteered to drive. Her comment was "so you got it", but she admitted later she was completely baffled for a minute too. She's said she either wants a new Tesla or she'll drive her junker Ford Focus until the wheels fall off and nothing in between. She liked the car a lot.

When we were on SR-14 I got around a car that was doing 45 in a 60 zone and hit it a little too hard, I thought I had gotten up to around 80 mph, but when I looked down I was at 101 mph. First time I've driven that fast in many years and the car I pushed that fast was definitely showing some signs of strain (though not making expensive noises) at that speed. The Model S felt like it was doing 70.

A local friend also showed up and her husband is ultra green so they are very up on everything environmental. She commented the interior was a lot more plain than she expected, but she thought it was nice too.

Another couple came down from Seattle and both of them went out to the refrigerator in the garage a couple of times before either of them noticed. She did ask me for the grand tour of the car when she noticed and I showed it off to her, but she wasn't up for a ride. They were only there for a few hours and she was more interested in socializing in their limited time.

No dramatic reactions, but all were positive.

I thought I had gotten up to around 80 mph, but when I looked down I was at 101 mph. F

That has never, ever happened to me. Not ever. Nope. Nuh-uh. ;):eek:

My girlfriend did exactly that... on our first test drive of a P85+.. with the Tesla Sales associate in the back seat. I was like "um..Sarah, you're doing over 100mph..."

Even I didn't take it up that fast that day. Good thing she didn't get pulled over, because the NYS Troopers love, love, love that stretch of 287 in White Plains for catching speeders.

She did like it. She is a speed freak. When we first met, she had just gotten two speeding tickets, so I introduced her to the world of radar detectors and got her a Valentine 1, which she loves -- almost as much as the NYS Troopers on 287 love handing out tickets. ;)

My SO wanted to be a race car driver when she was around 10. Her father encouraged her to go in a different direction, there were no female race car drivers anyone had heard of then. She thinks my S90D is "adequate" but would really like a P90DL. She would want to go down to PIR and drag race it.

• Funny
Reactions: msnow
We were picking up our kids at PDX this week, and decided to kill some time at the Cascade Station mall before their plane arrived. When we returned to our car, a gentleman was looking it over. We had a pleasant conversation, and he himself drove a Ford plugin hybrid. He had some strong opinions on not sending money to the Middle East for oil. We tried to stress the safety factor of the car.

We'll be going up to Newport this weekend to participate in a parade with other Tesla owners. This will be our first Tesla get together!

. He had some strong opinions on not sending money to the Middle East for oil.
Yeah, well, I have strong opinions about not sending money to Kentucky or Wyoming for coal ;), but that's the only way to power
even an EV around here. In the PNW you have the environmental "luxury" of hydroelectric power, so you can be ultra-green, but we
don't have any major majestic rivers available to dam up around here (we certainly would if we could!) ;)