Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla moment was all my own this week. AP drove me seamlessly through rain, sleet, hail, and snow flurries from San Diego to Las Vegas. I hate driving at night these days, but my Cris and AP got me into Vegas safely and I only had to handle the last mile or so off the freeway. Thank you, Elon!

I've had other moments where people have ogled the car and I have enjoyed extolling her merits, but frankly what she does for me now that I have AP is moment enough! I cannot imagine the next iteration...but am ready for it!

Just came home from my first "road trip", really just a few hundred miles, but long enough. Oh my, I had no idea how incredibly stupendous autopilot could make mind numbing traffic. No tension. Just relaxing, full of gratitude. And then! Supercharging! Free fast electrons?! That was ridiculous. I think the family will be flying less...

Just came home from my first "road trip", really just a few hundred miles, but long enough. Oh my, I had no idea how incredibly stupendous autopilot could make mind numbing traffic. No tension. Just relaxing, full of gratitude. And then! Supercharging! Free fast electrons?! That was ridiculous. I think the family will be flying less...
Indeed! Last time we flew to LV and it was such a drain. So much time and energy to get to the airport, fly, get on the rental car bus, get in line to get the rental car. This last trip in the T with free electrons and AP and having time to stop along the way and eat, and shop (especially this time of year) while she charged her battery, was just perfect.

I took a friend to the Nissan dealership to scope out the SUV she was thinking of buying. I asked the salesman how many of these Nissan Rogues I could get if I traded in the Tesla. Then of course, I had to give him the quick tour of the Tesla. And he nabbed the owner of the dealership and dragged him over so he could get a look too. The owner decided that if I traded in the Tesla, that would have to be his personal driver for a few months.

I'm not trading in the Tesla.

(first TMC post!)

Waiting in the prescription drive-thru line (2 lanes), I put the car in park. I hear yelling from the car next to me:

"Hey! How did you do that?!?"
Me: (totally oblivious) "Do what?"
"what you did to your door handles? They popped out!"
Me: "Oh! It does that when I put the car in park. They'll pop back in when I put it in Drive"
"what kind of car is that?"
Me: "It's a Tesla!"
"<hint of sarcasm> Oh! A Tesla! Of course!" (but continued to rave to her friend in the car "hey! that's a Tesla!")

Being in California/Silicon Valley, I thought everyone would have seen a Tesla by now. Guess not. :cool:

Took my wife's BMW 335d to the dealership service department (third time, same diesel related problem, but that's a different story). Getting processed for a loaner car, the loaner car guy looks at my auto insurance card, does a double take when he sees "Tesla" on it, and then gets really excited and starts asking me a gazillion questions about my car. He knows all about the direct sales model, and he believes that this, and electric cars in general, are really the future. I just hope he didn't get too distracted to do the loaner paperwork right, oh well, I'll find out tomorrow when I get her car back (I hope...the 328i I got as a loaner isn't bad but I'd way rather be driving my Model S).

(first TMC post!)

Waiting in the prescription drive-thru line (2 lanes), I put the car in park. I hear yelling from the car next to me:

"Hey! How did you do that?!?"
Me: (totally oblivious) "Do what?"
"what you did to your door handles? They popped out!"
Me: "Oh! It does that when I put the car in park. They'll pop back in when I put it in Drive"
"what kind of car is that?"
Me: "It's a Tesla!"
"<hint of sarcasm> Oh! A Tesla! Of course!" (but continued to rave to her friend in the car "hey! that's a Tesla!")

Being in California/Silicon Valley, I thought everyone would have seen a Tesla by now. Guess not. :cool:

Congrats for your first Tesla moment and your great first post!

I'm the proud owner of a Model S 85D that was delivered Dec 17th in Tilburg, was transported by truck to my garage where it entered on Dec 23th, a great Christmas present. This is Other Europe, procedures differ a bit from the standard delivery.

Christmas day, my family does not know I bought the Model S, and I say to all of them after all the presents were opened:
- You all know I am crazy about Tesla so I bought two small Teslas, one for me and the other for Isabel (my wife). - and I show them the two fobs...
My sister-in-law takes one fob in her hands, feels the clicks on the top switch of the fob and says:
- How cute, this is a remote for a small electric car, isn't it? Where is it?
- Let's go to the garage and see how small it is...
She starts to freak out,
- did you...? you didn't... what did you do?! It's a small one, it has to be...
- Let's see...
And she completely went crazy, with all other family members, when they saw the car in the garage :) that cute little remotely controlled car... A 5 meters long car :) our brand new Model S 85D!

Reactions: EvolutionTeʂla
I'm the proud owner of a Model S 85D that was delivered Dec 17th in Tilburg, was transported by truck to my garage where it entered on Dec 23th, a great Christmas present. This is Other Europe, procedures differ a bit from the standard delivery.

Christmas day, my family does not know I bought the Model S, and I say to all of them after all the presents were opened:
- You all know I am crazy about Tesla so I bought two small Teslas, one for me and the other for Isabel (my wife). - and I show them the two fobs...
My sister-in-law takes one fob in her hands, feels the clicks on the top switch of the fob and says:
- How cute, this is a remote for a small electric car, isn't it? Where is it?
- Let's go to the garage and see how small it is...
She starts to freak out,
- did you...? you didn't... what did you do?! It's a small one, it has to be...
- Let's see...
And she completely went crazy, with all other family members, when they saw the car in the garage :) that cute little remotely controlled car... A 5 meters long car :) our brand new Model S 85D!

Well played! :D

Starbucks barista this morning: "Hey, today is the first day I saw you drive up. Your car is awesome."
Me: "Thanks very much, I love it too."
Barista: "I drive a Prius, because I can't afford your car."
Me: "They are supposed to sell a more affordable one in a few years. You're still cutting way down on gas use and pollution in the meantime."
Barista: "I knew you were cool."
Me: "uhhhhh, thanks" (I'm smooth like that)

Well played! :D
Forgot the photo, the car wrapped for Christmas :) hope the photo uploads, my first image upload here at tmc
IMG_20160108_081846.jpg

I have had a bunch of Tesla moments just this week.

1. Guy at Sonic delivers my food (don't judge me), skates a few feet away, stops and turns around. "Gorgeous car, by the way."

2. Guy walks by it in a parking lot as I'm about to get in. "Hey, that car is beautiful! Is that a Tesla?" 10 minutes of TeslaTime ensues while I go over all the features of the car.

3. Girl at a drive through (still not judging!) looks at the door handles and says "How do you get in?" So I hit the park button to present the door handles. "How did you do that!?"

4. Registering for the car show at Quaker Steak last night one of the guys asks if my Tesla is the ludicrous version. I say no, it's just a standard model but will still beat most everything in the parking lot. Then the other guy asks if mine is the car that caught fire in Norway yesterday. I answer "No, my car did not catch fire in Norway yesterday. It is here."

4a. I finally won a trophy with my own car at Quaker Steak. My previous win was with a Service Center loaner so I gave them the trophy.

5. Tonight I make a quick stop at the grocery store and park way out by myself in the "Tesla Parking." I come out to find a car stopped at an odd angle next to it. Two ladies in a GM crapmobile want to know what kind of car it is. "She thought it was a Buick." Oy vey. 3 more minutes of TeslaTime while I explain about the company and the car because they had never heard of it at all.

I have had a bunch of Tesla moments just this week.

1. Guy at Sonic delivers my food (don't judge me), skates a few feet away, stops and turns around. "Gorgeous car, by the way."

2. Guy walks by it in a parking lot as I'm about to get in. "Hey, that car is beautiful! Is that a Tesla?" 10 minutes of TeslaTime ensues while I go over all the features of the car.

3. Girl at a drive through (still not judging!) looks at the door handles and says "How do you get in?" So I hit the park button to present the door handles. "How did you do that!?"

4. Registering for the car show at Quaker Steak last night one of the guys asks if my Tesla is the ludicrous version. I say no, it's just a standard model but will still beat most everything in the parking lot. Then the other guy asks if mine is the car that caught fire in Norway yesterday. I answer "No, my car did not catch fire in Norway yesterday. It is here."

4a. I finally won a trophy with my own car at Quaker Steak. My previous win was with a Service Center loaner so I gave them the trophy.

5. Tonight I make a quick stop at the grocery store and park way out by myself in the "Tesla Parking." I come out to find a car stopped at an odd angle next to it. Two ladies in a GM crapmobile want to know what kind of car it is. "She thought it was a Buick." Oy vey. 3 more minutes of TeslaTime while I explain about the company and the car because they had never heard of it at all.

SONIC?!?!

:scared:

"5. Tonight I make a quick stop at the grocery store and park way out by myself in the "Tesla Parking." I come out to find a car stopped at an odd angle next to it. Two ladies in a GM crapmobile want to know what kind of car it is. "She thought it was a Buick." Oy vey. 3 more minutes of TeslaTime while I explain about the company and the car because they had never heard of it at all."

I'm always amazed as so many people have never heard about Tesla in USA yet. Here in Europe, it's not a surprise, but in the USA, it shocks me every time I read such comments here in this thread.
I think a lot of people, when they see the car in the road, confuse it with some Jaguar, Maseratti, or a sort of weird GM trade brand or Japanese one. Nothing really distinguish a Tesla Model S in a parking slot of other cars, and a lot of owner, sure, prefers that.
But with the spreading of Model X in the roads and, above all, in malls when owner will go to shopping or when mums will drop their kids at school, a lot of people will, at last, know about Tesla.
Sure, we will see a lot of "X" moments in this forum. At some point maybe these "X" moments will be put in the X thread, but as I'm not a Tesla owner (so unfortunately :crying:), I will let the honour to open such a "X" moments thread to a Tesla X owner.

Normal Saturday running errands, shopping and lunch. Walking back to the car after lunch couldn't help noticing this gentleman very close to my car, circling around looking in the Windows, even clearing a dropped leaf from the screen. I slowed down to give him space but it was clear he was not going anywhere. Had to give a loud 'hello' so I could wake him from his attentions and get past him to the drivers side. "Beautiful car" he said adding that he drove one in Hong Kong followed by a short and slightly awkward conversation. Then suddenly he was gone, so we got in and I put it in gear, looked over my shoulder to pull away and spotted him on the other side of the street still staring. Pulled away thinking I was very lucky to own this car, if I hadn't put the effort into saving up for it I would have been the guy on the other side of the road.