Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to a Drive Electric Event this afternoon. We'll see how invisible the car is there. :D

There are 3 other Teslas signed up.

Based on my experience last weekend I'd say you could bring a Tesla with a cloaking device and you'd still have a bunch of people ogling it. :)

Bruce.

Another reason why everyone should have a CO detector.

...or get rid of your CO generator. I don't have a CO detector in my garage. I have nothing that burns carbon based fuels in my garage. Now, in my house, with natgas heaters, of course.

You seem to be intimating that a CO detector, possibly in the house, could detect CO build up in the garage, but I would tend to doubt that unless your HVAC unit pulls air from your garage. Not where I live.

Based on my experience last weekend I'd say you could bring a Tesla with a cloaking device and you'd still have a bunch of people ogling it. :)

Bruce.

There was some interest, my S was the only refresh there and my car was positioned closest to the parking lot, so it was the first one the visitors saw.. The one Model X was the star of the show though.

A reporter for the Columbian (local paper) was taking pictures of my frunk, I had a miniature V-8 in there. I wonder if he'll use the picture.

I didn't talk to them, but there were three Nissan Leafs from the local Nissan dealership with sales people. Someone told me they didn't have a clue about electric cars. They thought the inverter was the motor and had no clue how many KWh the batteries had.

• Love
Reactions: Pollux and bmah
Went through a RIDE checkpoint. I was the only car when I got there. Look at my backup camera and there's a whole slew of cars trying to drive through. My cop however said he had never seen a Model X before and wanted to know about my range, autopilot and how much I paid

...or get rid of your CO generator. I don't have a CO detector in my garage. I have nothing that burns carbon based fuels in my garage. Now, in my house, with natgas heaters, of course.

You seem to be intimating that a CO detector, possibly in the house, could detect CO build up in the garage, but I would tend to doubt that unless your HVAC unit pulls air from your garage. Not where I live.
Unless your garage is detached or is in a hermetically sealed bubble, there is a decent amount of air leakage from the garage back into the house, so a CO detector in the house should detect CO from a running car in the garage (and not all garages have exhaust fans, which would mitigate this). The CO levels in the garage will be dangerously high by the time the CO in your house goes off, but it's better than the other consequences.

Unless your garage is detached or is in a hermetically sealed bubble, there is a decent amount of air leakage from the garage back into the house, so a CO detector in the house should detect CO from a running car in the garage (and not all garages have exhaust fans, which would mitigate this). The CO levels in the garage will be dangerously high by the time the CO in your house goes off, but it's better than the other consequences.

Like I said. Get rid of the CO generator. I don't have to worry about forgetting to remember to turn off the gas car. I sold it.

Just had a fun one without even being in the car. Our dishwasher was acting up so I had a tech out today to see what's what - we got talking about how wonderful technology is until it fails. I said "And driving the most technologically advanced car out there today, I am glad it doesn't fail often" and he said "Ohhhhhh... do you have a Tesla?". 15 minutes later, we finally shut up about the amazing cars and I paid the bill and he left. :)

Just had a fun one without even being in the car. Our dishwasher was acting up so I had a tech out today to see what's what - we got talking about how wonderful technology is until it fails. I said "And driving the most technologically advanced car out there today, I am glad it doesn't fail often" and he said "Ohhhhhh... do you have a Tesla?". 15 minutes later, we finally shut up about the amazing cars and I paid the bill and he left. :)
n00b mistake. You never tell them about the Tesla before they present you with the bill! ;)