Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my usual posters in the trunk & frunk along with postcard handouts and a couple of drag-racing trophies I'd won over the summer.

Would you be willing to share the file you use for your postcard handouts? I'm interested in using them in the same way you do. I had the two large posters printed up already. Now I just need me P85 to use them :smile:

Thanks for braving the heat for the cause!!!!

The posters can be found here and the postcards here and here.

I used astsci's layout but tweaked the graphics and text a bit. I got them printed on glossy card stock at overnightprints.com for about $0.32 each. The hi-res version of mine can be downloaded from https://db.tt/IEUHLGyh

Postcard.jpg

Last edited:
After all the regular questions, if they appear to be a serious potential buyer, I hand out the "Come in for a test drive" cards from the Service Center and tell them driving is believing, do not pass Go, do not collect $200, go directly to the Service Center. :)

-m

Driving to work today which is 70 miles away and mostly on a 3 lane highway. I'm driving in the far right lane when a honda civic passes me. Then when the civic is about half mile in front of me it slows down and pulls behind a semi. With plenty of space ahead and no exit for a few miles I was confused as to why the person would do this. I thought maybe the person decided to use their cell phone. I move over to the middle lane as I approach the car and pass. I was coming around a curve and about to pass a semi I decided to keep my eyes on the road instead of look over. Well the Civic pulls behind me and then starts to pass me on the left. When I look over this time it is a young woman in her early 20's giving me the thumbs up. That put a smile on my face for a couple of reasons. First, with my long commute I get alot of 7 o'clock gaukers but never any thumbs up. Second, it was a pleansant surprise to get the thumbs up from a woman because from my experience they never notice the car.
Before I start getting hate mail...I know there are plenty of women who love and drive Tesla and I do appreciate that!! :)

After a little more then one week of ownership, my wife commandeered the Model S to go rock climbing with our oldest daughter in the South of Belgium. A round trip of a about 250km.

On her way back, we agreed that she would "fill her up" at the supercharger that's conveniently situated along the trajectory. She planned to plug in around dinner time. Being curious whether the trip was going as planned, I fired up the App around dinner time, just in time to see her driving into the supercharger site (the accuracy of that thing is unbelieveable).

Not even two minutes after that, and while still spying on my better half via the app, I received a notification on my phone of a new tweet on my Twitter feed. Almost automatically, I looked at it, only to see a tweet posted by @TeslaClubBE "Nivelles. @Tesla_Europe Super Charger. 2 #ModelS already. Great peers, they left mobile Nr on Dashboard! Keep it up! ." With my car on one of the pictures!

BvQhHS1CIAE3cIE.jpg

Amazed, I instantly replied "That's mine! My wife is on a roadtrip with it!" to which @TeslaClubBE immediately replied "I will only believe you if you honk twice. ;-)". A request that I immediately complied with, to the mutual amusement of me and my conversation partner who was "reading me loud and clear".

I can only imagine that he probably laughed out loud just as I did when he heard the two honks. It's also an excellent display of the great Tesla community we have here in Belgium. And a pretty good Tesla story if you ask me.

Reactions: EvolutionTeʂla
That does it. We need a Tesla themed Monopoly board.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Muskopoly", with each property group based on his businesses past and present. The cheap properties (Baltic, Mediterranean) would be re-named after Blastar images, Tesla and SpaceX along the side between Free Parking and Go to Jail. Pacific, etc. could be named after Solar City (because, green). The Tesla properties would, of course, be named Roadster, Model S and Model X.

Chance and Community chest cards would include "Successful launch, receive NASA funding", "Texas passes Auto Dealers bill, go back three spaces", and so on. You get the idea.

• Love
Reactions: plankeye
After a little more then one week of ownership, my wife commandeered the Model S to go rock climbing with our oldest daughter in the South of Belgium. A round trip of a about 250km.

On her way back, we agreed that she would "fill her up" at the supercharger that's conveniently situated along the trajectory. She planned to plug in around dinner time. Being curious whether the trip was going as planned, I fired up the App around dinner time, just in time to see her driving into the supercharger site (the accuracy of that thing is unbelieveable).

Not even two minutes after that, and while still spying on my better half via the app, I received a notification on my phone of a new tweet on my Twitter feed. Almost automatically, I looked at it, only to see a tweet posted by @TeslaClubBE "Nivelles. @Tesla_Europe Super Charger. 2 #ModelS already. Great peers, they left mobile Nr on Dashboard! Keep it up! ." With my car on one of the pictures!

View attachment 57491

Amazed, I instantly replied "That's mine! My wife is on a roadtrip with it!" to which @TeslaClubBE immediately replied "I will only believe you if you honk twice. ;-)". A request that I immediately complied with, to the mutual amusement of me and my conversation partner who was "reading me loud and clear".

I can only imagine that he probably laughed out loud just as I did when he heard the two honks. It's also an excellent display of the great Tesla community we have here in Belgium. And a pretty good Tesla story if you ask me.

Great story!

A question - do you know if that site's SC platform as shown in the pic is a permanent installation? I have seen this same setup in Barstow, California - but it is only a temporary installation while the SC site is under construction to expand to 8 SC stations.

I was showing my friends the remote app to control the car and two nice looking blondes walk up to the car and start peering into it. I just had to hit the unlock icon and present the handles to them, which did get an reaction from them and my friends(grin)!!!

To bad that is far as it went (today)! I did leave them my number before leaving the restaurant offering a ride when I haven't been sharing a couple bottles of wine...

Ok can we say firmware request for enhancements? We should be able to trigger remote music/videos WEG!!!

Your thoughts on the Tesla babe/mouse trap RFE's???

Does anybody have the urge to go VROOOOOM VROOOOOOOM VROOOOM or make other noises that simulate ICE vehicles? Electric cars are so sneaky and they come up to you while jogging and you don't even know there there ............................

I did this the other day at a red light. A metallic orange Lambo and an M6 were stopped in the left turn lane taking turns revving their engines. I pulled alongside stopped in the non turn lane and joined in the fun by rolling down my window and going "VROOOM!"

They busted up laughing.

• Love
Reactions: EvolutionTeʂla
Great story!

A question - do you know if that site's SC platform as shown in the pic is a permanent installation? I have seen this same setup in Barstow, California - but it is only a temporary installation while the SC site is under construction to expand to 8 SC stations.

The platform is indeed a temporary installation. I understood that in some European countries the permanent superchargers require a lot of paperwork (permits) before the construction can be started. To avoid further delays, Tesla installed these mobile platforms throughout Belgium and France.