Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Stockholder Meeting - Tuesday, June 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"You can also start taking advantage of our referral program and help your friends and family members make the switch to cleaner, less expensive energy with SolarCity. Each referral that signs up with us will earn you $400. "

The other interesting thing about the SCTY referral program, is that the referred buyer ALSO gets a reward/discount (rewards seem to vary month to month, from a Home Depot pre-paid card to $ off the bottom line). So it's better to be referred to SCTY then to just call them directly. Not sure if that changes the calculus at all, just pointing it out.

The other interesting thing about the SCTY referral program, is that the referred buyer ALSO gets a reward/discount (rewards seem to vary month to month, from a Home Depot pre-paid card to $ off the bottom line). So it's better to be referred to SCTY then to just call them directly. Not sure if that changes the calculus at all, just pointing it out.

I suspect that they want the referred buyers not to forget who refer them, in a effect to encourage the referral and create recurring positive chain of action. Just getting one single sale with minimum cost, avoiding any reward is the not the best interest for the company in the long run. They rather to pay the reward now and to have the recurring positive long term effect, sort of planting the seeds for future success, before the sales momentum drys out.

Last edited:
Free service for the year IS a monetary reward.
Hey, bonnie, just wanted an opinion on this.

Would you consider "scheduling priority" for service and "priority as loaners become available" to be a monetary reward? I'm on the fence on both of those.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a typical program for an industry where you are subscribing to a service. DirecTV does similar things, for example.

Hey, bonnie, just wanted an opinion on this.

Would you consider "scheduling priority" for service and "priority as loaners become available" to be a monetary reward? I'm on the fence on both of those.

I wouldn't want Tesla to try to track priorities based on if someone did or didn't sell another vehicle. (Still remember the morning that I showed up for my flight, 100k flier for the 6th year ... and no privileges because everyone in the front half of the plane was a 100k flier. We were all a little miffed. :) )

Probably not a monetary award, but what a huge pain to track. So vote no on that, too.

- Debbie Downer