Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Stockholder Meeting - Tuesday, June 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
Tesla Motors annual stockholder meeting will commence at 3 pm PDT on Tuesday, June 4 in Mountain View, California. It should offer a fine stage from which CEO Elon Musk can provide revelations that embolden stockholders and encourage potential Model S buyers. I’d love to be there, but I’m afraid I won’t be traveling from Chicago. Who here plans to attend?

Was hoping to be in Palo Alto this upcoming week but the plans were changed to next so I won't be attending as I live in NYC. However, I'm hopeful there will be some new insight and possibly some upgraded guidance.

I feel a good week ahead of us considering the markets in general avoid a meltdown.

Was hoping to be in Palo Alto this upcoming week but the plans were changed to next so I won't be attending as I live in NYC. However, I'm hopeful there will be some new insight and possibly some upgraded guidance.

I feel a good week ahead of us considering the markets in general avoid a meltdown.

The afternoon nose-dive on Friday for both TSLA and the market averages seemed to be due to similarly programmed computers behaving like lemmings after their human keepers left early for a pleasant weekend. That tends to happen on summer Fridays here in the 21st century. The usual responses on Mondays are rebounds. The prospect of a Tuesday Tesla stockholder meeting could encourage TSLA short covering.

Back in the eighties I lived in Palo Alto in sight of Mountain View. I could have walked to the meeting. I'd love to be there. It could be quite a show.

Often the purpose of such a meeting is to convince stockholders to not only retain their shares for the long run, but also to buy a lot more. These are usually major rah-rah affairs, if a company’s stock has risen nicely over the previous twelve months. It will likely begin with a standing ovation for Elon Musk for having caused the stock price to more than double since the April 17[SUP]th[/SUP] announcement of the meeting.

Many of the grateful attendees will be the larger owners, including mutual fund managers. They’ll likely be told what is being done to insure increasing demand for the Model S and to ramp up production to meet that demand. Almost certainly there is some surprise that Elon has been holding back for this meeting. It will undoubtedly conclude with another rousing round of applause.

Those who do attend are invited to provide reports here.

Great color commentary Curt. I've listened live or called in to the last 3Q of meetings as well as 1-4 of the trilogy and D11.

I'm very interested to hear my first annual stockholder meeting for Tesla.

I'm really fascinated with June 20 and the possibility of a lithium air cartridge.

With the revelations about the solar/battery backup/grid support/tou for the Superchargers as well as their accelerated roll-out, 2013 is going to be a big year for Tesla.

20,000 reservations in U.S.
20,000 EU is easily possible
10,000 (minimum) Asia - but Elon calls this "the wildcard"

Potential selling Supercharging access to Toyota and/or Mercedes

How about allowing us to use our cars like mini superchargers with grid support/tou for the batteries while they are stationary at home. Or your employer could offer incentives since it would reduce the cost of utilities at an office. Solar City could handle the installation and pay customers based on utility payment to them.

I'm barely scratching the surface of the possible.

I wish some of the financial reporters would stop rehashing the past, and get at some of these future issues a little better.

The afternoon nose-dive on Friday for both TSLA and the market averages seemed to be due to similarly programmed computers behaving like lemmings after their human keepers left early for a pleasant weekend. That tends to happen on summer Fridays here in the 21st century. The usual responses on Mondays are rebounds. The prospect of a Tuesday Tesla stockholder meeting could encourage TSLA short covering.

Back in the eighties I lived in Palo Alto in sight of Mountain View. I could have walked to the meeting. I'd love to be there. It could be quite a show.

Often the purpose of such a meeting is to convince stockholders to not only retain their shares for the long run, but also to buy a lot more. These are usually major rah-rah affairs, if a company’s stock has risen nicely over the previous twelve months. It will likely begin with a standing ovation for Elon Musk for having caused the stock price to more than double since the April 17[SUP]th[/SUP] announcement of the meeting.

Many of the grateful attendees will be the larger owners, including mutual fund managers. They’ll likely be told what is being done to insure increasing demand for the Model S and to ramp up production to meet that demand. Almost certainly there is some surprise that Elon has been holding back for this meeting. It will undoubtedly conclude with another rousing round of applause.

Those who do attend are invited to provide reports here.
Makes me wonder why they are waiting till June 20 for announcement.

I was told by someone from Investor Relations at Tesla that the June 4th stockholders meeting would be webcasted.

I would hope so. The 2012 Shareholders Meeting last summer was webcast, and the recording available for later playback for several months.

As an aside, I remember there were only about 40 or 50 people in attendance last year, plenty of open seats. I imagine it's going to be a bit more crowded this year. :)

I live a 35 min bike ride away and was thinking of going. I saw that it's only open to shareholders, but as of a month ago I switched from shares to synthetic longs. Do you think they actually check if you own shares? As of what date?

I live a 35 min bike ride away and was thinking of going. I saw that it's only open to shareholders, but as of a month ago I switched from shares to synthetic longs. Do you think they actually check if you own shares? As of what date?

The April 17 e-mail announcing the meeting to shareholders said it was for stock owners on April 10.

I'm there!

image.jpg

Last edited:
logged in waiting for webcast to start at my home in south Texas.... wish i was there with you all

edit: I am guessing they are running late but can anyone else confirm its 7 min past starting time and i still only see the screen that says they will get started soon