Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla now offering extended service agreements for certain vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla would not be offering this unless they’ve done the analysis and determined they will come out ahead - and far ahead - on this “offer”. It’s just like any other service plan pump - profit-padding via upselling. IMHO you’re just betting against yourself. Hard pass. The one thing I’m kind of looking forward to when my warranty eventually expires is being able to root and mod the car (think ghost upgrade) without worry.

Xcare seems to be a viable option for those of use that just fell out of our basic warranty:

xcare.jpg

Same, not seeing this anywhere in the App. Can someone that has it available specifically advise how to get to this screen?
It is no longer offered for the refresh model S/X. It is, however, still offered for the pre-refresh model S/X vehicles that are covered by the basic vehicle limited warranty. The agreement was offered for a short amount of time for the refresh S/X. I remember it being available in my app. Not sure how many people signed up for it.

As the owner of a 2022 model X, I don’t think this is a good sign. If Tesla doesn’t feel like they can make any money off the extended service agreements on these vehicles, where they obviously feel like they can on the 2019 and 2020 pre-refresh S/X, it would seem to indicate that the refresh models have a lot of problems. I have had many problems with my MX and while I was very excited to purchase the vehicle, I now regret the purchase.

It is no longer offered for the refresh model S/X. It is, however, still offered for the pre-refresh model S/X vehicles that are covered by the basic vehicle limited warranty. The agreement was offered for a short amount of time for the refresh S/X. I remember it being available in my app. Not sure how many people signed up for it.

As the owner of a 2022 model X, I don’t think this is a good sign. If Tesla doesn’t feel like they can make any money off the extended service agreements on these vehicles, where they obviously feel like they can on the 2019 and 2020 pre-refresh S/X, it would seem to indicate that the refresh models have a lot of problems. I have had many problems with my MX and while I was very excited to purchase the vehicle, I now regret the purchase.
They are still offering on the refresh Model S (probably changed since the last post). I still think it is expensive in that it only covers 25,000 miles. I have barely an issue on my 2021 refresh Model S LR (knock on wood).

Reviving this thread.

It's $3,100 for the 2021 Plaid, with $100 deductible. 2 years, 25k miles (whichever comes first).

Anyone take the plunge? My warranty expires in 1.5 years, so just curious if anyone pulled the trigger and what the thought process was.

Reviving this thread.

It's $3,100 for the 2021 Plaid, with $100 deductible. 2 years, 25k miles (whichever comes first).

Anyone take the plunge? My warranty expires in 1.5 years, so just curious if anyone pulled the trigger and what the thought process was.
My 2021 Model S refresh is at 48,300 and I keep going back and forth on the warranty. The mileage I drive will only cover another 1 and 6 months and have not had any major issues, knock on wood. Just not sure it is worth. Wish it was longer than 25k and 2 years.

Reviving this thread.

When we had our 2018 model X, I purchased the 4 yr / 50K extended warranty. I can't remember the price but the peace of mind for the wife was worth it. Now, is just 2 years 25,000 miles ext warranty worth it? You're basically paying 13 cents a mile to have peace of mind. I think it's interesting that the dropped the deductible down from $200 to $100, so there's that.

Yeah I’m considering it for my 22 Plaid also. I like that it extends the existing warranty, versus buying miles and years through a 3rd party that starts now and is useless as I am still under the original warranty for a few years and 30k miles anyway. Also I don’t want the hassle of dealing with communication between Tesla and the 3rd party.

Reactions: Darmie