Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And, oh, slight context switch - in case you didn't notice, to keep you occupied as you keep refreshing your email looking for the invite, for your reading pleasure, here's the Model 3 manual: Model 3 Owners Manual

(Advice: grab it while it's accessible)

Tesla Model 3 owner’s manual leaks in full

MODEL3-LAownersmanual.pdf

screen-shot-2017-11-24-at-6-09-33-am.jpg

Yeah...me also. If I'm not able to get the tax credit....I think I'll delay and see how things progress...quality, reliability, more options like AWD, P, HUD...or go a different model entirely...like Mission E or other.
If I’m not going to get it this year then I’ll need to use down payment money to pay taxes (yay, self employment), so I’ll just delay until spring. If the tax credit is killed by congress then I might just wait until AWD. I wasn’t going to wait because it would mean a $8750 price difference or more but if it’s only $5k difference I might just wait it out

Reactions: cdub
Model 3 invites to configure"

That list shows 36 people who received the invite. Thats a modest start.....
Not everybody goes running to the internet to report these things. But certainly the faucet will be turned on slowly. Let’s see what next few weeks bring. 1,000 cars a week is one every 10 minutes. 24x7. A lot of processes need to be tuned to reach and exceed that.

Reactions: UZJedi
Model 3 invites to configure"

That list shows 36 people who received the invite. Thats a modest start.....

As stated by others, I would not expect them to open the floodgates at full strength.
In addition, at the absolute best, only one out of 9 Model 3 reservation holders are represented on this site.
Not every member has a Model 3 reservation. If you guess half of members have a Model 3 reservation, then only one of 18 Model 3 reservation holders are members here.
Of those, most reservation holders are not ordering at this stage (smaller battery pack or waiting for AWD).

For all we know, 1000 of these invitations went out.

As stated by others, I would not expect them to open the floodgates at full strength.
In addition, at the absolute best, only one out of 9 Model 3 reservation holders are represented on this site.
Not every member has a Model 3 reservation. If you guess half of members have a Model 3 reservation, then only one of 18 Model 3 reservation holders are members here.
Of those, most reservation holders are not ordering at this stage (smaller battery pack or waiting for AWD).

For all we know, 1000 of these invitations went out.

Yeah, at a bare minimum this kind of thinking needs to be applied. There may also be plenty of people who don't care, or don't want to, or forgot.

I have no hard proof to back this up, but these kind of things, the people who are hard core and would spread the news, are generally no more than 5% of any particular group, and usually less.

I guesstimate your 1000 isn't probably not to far off. When you put it in those terms.

Reactions: UZJedi and EinSV
So, I'm reading the manual that was posted here. It says Smartphone and key card have to be with you to use Model 3. Will Apple Watch work as well? I am getting the new watch because it's finally cellular and thus I don't need my phone. Sure hope I can drive Model 3 without my phone if needed. (Although this is the hubby's car). I don't think having to retrieve a key card from my wallet is very efficient.

Reactions: T34ME
So, I'm reading the manual that was posted here. It says Smartphone and key card have to be with you to use Model 3. Will Apple Watch work as well? I am getting the new watch because it's finally cellular and thus I don't need my phone. Sure hope I can drive Model 3 without my phone if needed. (Although this is the hubby's car). I don't think having to retrieve a key card from my wallet is very efficient.

If you are wanting to leave your smartphone at home, then Tesla would have to build a watch specific app rather than just supporting a watch extension of the smartphone app. I doubt that will happen in the near future.

Reactions: Big Earl
Untrue. Once you’ve paired iPhone app you no longer need key card with you.

Reactions: DR61