Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting on the Seeking Alpha doom and gloom Tesla article on how this is a bad thing for Tesla written by those that are short Tesla, but long Ford/Chrysler/GM (it alternates).... which of course is why they continue to publish that Tesla is not long for this earth.

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
This seems more likely than only a couple of thousand employees ordering cars. I expect they had more than a couple of thousand orders from employee family members alone.

The good news is that it marks the end of the NDA.

My estimate was 5000 employee deliveries to get through before they hit standard customers. If they are close to 1000 down, and are hitting the meat of the S curve, it would line up with opening up standard customer deliveries.

• Helpful
Reactions: RenMan68
Do we really believe Tesla time at 4 weeks out? I would consider to place an order for my Model 3 if I was guaranteed my reservation deposit back if delivery slipped past December, but I doubt they would allow it.
When I run the text through my EDFC (Elon Distortion Field Clarifier) it reads: "We hope delivery will be in four weeks."
But whenever deliveries actually begin for non-insiders, this is great news for the company and suggests....suggests... that some important wrinkles have been ironed out. Not all of them. Early deliveries will still be voyages of discovery.
Robin

Reactions: David29
Looking at the screen shots of the Configurator in the Electrek article, it would cost $66,500 for a Model 3 with long range battery, premium upgrade, autopilot (but not FSD), if I assume $5000 for AWD (same as the S). That is more or less the configuration I would want. So, I will be facing a choice of turning in my leased 2015 Model S and buying the Model 3, or keeping the S. Turns out the prices will be just about the same, after a Federal rebate on the Model 3. So, that will be a hard choice -- a brand new but smaller car vs. a well proven and well-known specimen of the Model S. Looking forward to seeing and trying a Model 3 so I can decide if I like it well enough to replace the Model S!