Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I said at least once. Some have in fact bought more than one though.

But the point is that a current owner has already claimed the credit once and will get it again (because they get to jump the line) while the rest of us might never get to
Ok I see. You are saying s/x customers will use up credits with their 3 purchases. Do you seriously have a problem that those of us who spent an average of six figures on a new product and company getting early access? I hope there’s enough to spread around, but we are not line jumpers. We made the line.

First VIN assignments with the next 8 or 9 days would be my guess. I wonder if we’ll get any more config invites sent out this week. While I won’t be getting my Model 3 this year, getting a config invite before 2017 is over would be a nice x-mas present.

Ok I see. You are saying s/x customers will use up credits with their 3 purchases. Do you seriously have a problem that those of us who spent an average of six figures on a new product and company getting early access? I hope there’s enough to spread around, but we are not line jumpers. We made the line.
I don’t care if owners get their Model 3 first but I do wish we got a chance at the tax credit too. Just because you can claim the credit over and over while those of us peasants who had to wait now might not even get the credit either because Congress kills it completely or the delays push us into half credit territory kinda sucks for us.

We get it. You helped make this happen. You made the line. That’s great. But we stepped in that line by the tens of thousands and put money down without seeing the car too (I think Elon said just 8% of reservations were current owners). If not for us the car would still be a long ways off.

More bothered by congress and the delays than anything else. The tax credit really should be a one time thing not something rich people can get over and over. It should also not have a manufacturer limit but a hard deadline for phaseout for everyone.

non-employee

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 12.43.57 AM.png

The tax credit really should be a one time thing not something rich people can get over and over. It should also not have a manufacturer limit but a hard deadline for phaseout for everyone.

To take advantage of the Federal tax credit does not require someone to buy an expensive Tesla. Plenty of people who bought or leased a Chevy Volt, Bolt, Nissan Leaf, BMW i3, and other PHEVs were also able to take the credit over and over.

Couple dozen to current owners just so Tesla can boast they are now letting the "public" order cars... What a mess... Now we just all have to cross our fingers the final tax package keeps the FIT intact.
Wasn't there at least 50-60 invited people that posted online, which means how many times that were actually invited? 5x? 10x?

It's certainly not a "couple dozen". Couple hundred at the bare minimum.