Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately Tesla tends to respond to media complaints sooner...if CNBC came out with an article questioning the number of reservation holders that actually got an invite to configure...we would be getting out invites a lot more sooner!!!

That's like beating Michael J Fox at Jenga: not much of an accomplishment.
I can't argue with you there :). Let's just say having gone through that experience, my expectations have been set suitably low (as far as the wait), but also incredibly high (for satisfaction with the final product, and Tesla's ability to (eventually) make everything right).

Reactions: KJD
Honestly, as haphazard the process seems to be for like 500 non-employee orders over a 4 week time frame. What happens when Tesla is supposed to ramp to having that much orders in half a day? They seriously need to not only ramp production, but also organisation.
What evidence do you have that it is haphazard? They said employees first. Then they said California current owners roughly in order of reservation. No evidence that they have deviated. For those who want order, I suppose you want Tesla to publish a list of all reservation holders in sequence? Then the real complaining would begin! The only thing haphazard is all the postulating on the forums. We just have a lot of people who are really anxious to get the car and all the emotion is spilling out. That's fine and it is human, but let's not mistake our spinning for Tesla spinning.

Is everyone else's delivery estimator still showing November? Figured they would have at least updated it to show as December now. Since I'll be outside the window of receiving the car this year, I will probably now wait for the standard range version.

Is everyone else's delivery estimator still showing November? Figured they would have at least updated it to show as December now. Since I'll be outside the window of receiving the car this year, I will probably now wait for the standard range version.

If you want to be optimistic about it, you could interpret that as them being confident they'll be able to deliver it this month or in January, and they're leaving the window as-is to stand by their estimate.

The whole purpose in giving a window is so they don't have to go in and update all the time. I would not expect the estimates shown to change until January sometime.

Yes they could, but like I said, the whole point of giving a range was so that they don't have to update it every month.

And my point was they could programmatically and easily make it temporal aware, so it automatically knew that November was over, and change the starting month to December. It's one line of code:

IF (STARTING_MONTH<CURRENT_MONTH) USE CURRENT_MONTH ELSE USE STARTING_MONTH;

It's stupid to have the future estimated delivery range starting in the past.

Note: I did *NOT* say to 'push it out' another month (i.e. change the end date as well). Just make the starting date accurate.

And my point was they could programmatically and easily make it temporal aware, so it automatically knew that November was over, and change the starting month to December. It's one line of code:

IF (STARTING_MONTH<CURRENT_MONTH) USE CURRENT_MONTH ELSE USE STARTING_MONTH;

It's stupid to have the future estimated delivery range starting in the past.

Note: I did *NOT* say to 'push it out' another month (i.e. change the end date as well). Just make the starting date accurate.
And that would provide what real benefit? Letting me know what month it is?