Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Courtesy plugshare : Rocky View super charger.
Screenshot_2017-03-27-23-04-45.jpg

Reactions: int32_t and skrenes
Was particularly stoked to see a truck filled with what looked like 2 Model S and 2 Model X sitting at Rogers Pass on Friday morning around 8am on my way to Revelstoke! Probably just taking a break on his way to Alberta!
Also saw a beautiful dark blue 70D from Oregon staying at the Sutton Place in Revelstoke and another White Model S westbound yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: int32_t and Lon12
Was particularly stoked to see a truck filled with what looked like 2 Model S and 2 Model X sitting at Rogers Pass on Friday morning around 8am on my way to Revelstoke! Probably just taking a break on his way to Alberta!
Also saw a beautiful dark blue 70D from Oregon staying at the Sutton Place in Revelstoke and another White Model S westbound yesterday.
Did it look like this by chance? ;)

tesla-truck-5-871x1024.jpg
tesla-truck-6.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Lon12
Update version 17.11.10 downloaded today. Really liked the headrest adjustment which i was missing a lot. Also like the easy entry OFF option. On my Navigation google maps, Iam no longer able to see the Road traffic which was convenient to avoid the congested routes. Voice command navigation to favorite places is a great addition as well.

• Informative
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Update version 17.11.10 downloaded today. Really liked the headrest adjustment which i was missing a lot. Also like the easy entry OFF option. On my Navigation google maps, Iam no longer able to see the Road traffic which was convenient to avoid the congested routes. Voice command navigation to favorite places is a great addition as well.
Did you try turning on the traffic from maps? Mine is still working. Same version.

Model 3 reservation holder with a question.

I live in Red Deer and commute to Calgary a few times a month. How much range do I need to make this trip in winter? This trip is obviously a lot easier now with the Cross Iron SC.

I ask because there is a small chance I won't like the Model 3 once the details are released. Plan B would be to pick up a Model S with enough range but not overdo it on battery size.

If you go here: Model S | Tesla Canada you can see what sort of range you will have in various conditions.
120km/h @ -10 with the heat on, you are looking at between 242km to 390km of range, depending on your model. Give or take 20km due to excessive wind.
Also a Model 3 reservation holder and that is one trip that doesn't worry me one bit, even without SuperChargers, although having both makes it a super easy decision. My parents are up there so I visit a fair bit but I don't even expect to use them unless side trips are in the works.

Do you have a garage and/or have the ability charge at home? If so, I think you'll be fine with either car. For the Model S, I'd probably go 75kWh minimum though... gives you enough range to skip the odd SC on road trips and plenty of life for the eventual ~10% lifetime battery degradation.

If you go here: Model S | Tesla Canada you can see what sort of range you will have in various conditions.
120km/h @ -10 with the heat on, you are looking at between 242km to 390km of range, depending on your model. Give or take 20km due to excessive wind.
Also a Model 3 reservation holder and that is one trip that doesn't worry me one bit, even without SuperChargers, although having both makes it a super easy decision. My parents are up there so I visit a fair bit but I don't even expect to use them unless side trips are in the works.

Do you have a garage and/or have the ability charge at home? If so, I think you'll be fine with either car. For the Model S, I'd probably go 75kWh minimum though... gives you enough range to skip the odd SC on road trips and plenty of life for the eventual ~10% lifetime battery degradation.

Appreciated. I do have a 50A, 240V setup ready to go in the garage.

I was also curious to see if anyone had any practical experience managing range over this drive in winter.

I'm trying to learn more about our local Solar installers in Calgary. I noticed that they no longer show system install costs on their web sites anymore.
This is one from SkyFireEnergy from last year. I hope they don't increase their prices in anticipation of the government incentives

In anticipation of my model 3 coming next year and after the announcement of the rebate I contacted SkyFire and got a preliminary quote (no site visit) and it came in at $2.58 per watt installed, So prices are still going down.

• Informative
Reactions: int32_t and Lon12