Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in British Columbia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's a thought, has anyone seen anything indicating that someone from out of province can't get one of these? It sure would be handy when I'm in Vancouver. When I went to the sites listed none of them specified that you needed to be a BC resident, or have BC plates, insurance, or license. But at the same time it just seems unlikely they'd issue me one.

Having access to that [Lion's Gate bridge HOV] lane would really help. Although I think if it were allowed we might get a lot of people giving us the bird.

I get being able to drive on Highway HOV lanes with EVs, but not urban bus lanes. That will fail when the deluge of Model 3 owners arrives in 2 years. Unless there is a specific "EV OK" sign like there is on Highway 1, I would avoid the Bus Lanes (and the looks of hate) and instead queue with everyone else while enjoying being in one of the best cars in the world :)

So here's a thought, has anyone seen anything indicating that someone from out of province can't get one of these? It sure would be handy when I'm in Vancouver. When I went to the sites listed none of them specified that you needed to be a BC resident, or have BC plates, insurance, or license. But at the same time it just seems unlikely they'd issue me one.
Very unlikely, I wish I could use HOV in the states too when I visit there. But I guess as a visitor I don't really try and compete with rush hour traffic in my travels.

I would avoid the Bus Lanes (and the looks of hate) and instead queue with everyone else while enjoying being in one of the best cars in the world :)

Why? I'm not lining up if there's a free HOV lane beside me. I couldn't care less what looks I get. Those people need to be educated on EV's being allowed in HOV rather than having us not use lanes we are legally entitled to.