Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners That Hog Supercharger Spaces

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been seeing more and more Tesla owners parking in supercharger spots unplugged just so they have a better parking space to do their shopping. I am not sure how Tesla can address this.

Just today, someone parked next to me while charging at a very busy supercharger location and did not plug in. They just left. They know it will cost them to leave it plugged in so they just game the system this way.

This is just as bad as ICING, perhaps worse since they know full well what they are doing.

Would love to hear thoughts on this.

Greg - NJ

It was an X this time. I'm not going to touch someone else's car btw, like some here suggested.

That day was very busy at the chargers and the mall. When I was done, I moved my car and went shopping. I had to park way in the back. Thats ok. At times, there was only 1 of 8 stalls available due to this guy. An hour later I checked and they were still there unplugged.

I have seen this now several times at different locations... Seems to be a trend. These are not just people new to Tesla and don't know. They are not plugging in! They know exactly what they are doing and how not to get charged by Tesla... They just want a closer parking spot. I did not wait around any longer. Not sure if they ever plugged in.

Perhaps a sign that says "Tesla parking only while plugged in and charging"?

tesla hog.jpg
car...

Perhaps a sign that says "Tesla parking only while plugged in and charging"?..
People who are that inconsiderate aren’t going to care about a sign. And no one could possibly think it’s OK to use it as a parking space because they’re driving a Tesla. Tesla has its share of jerks as owners now. My guess is their previous car started with a B and ended with a W.

FWIW I see this at non Tesla L2 chargers as well, really chaps my a**. In AZ a lot of grocery stores have chargers near the front door and I've witnessed several EVs (including Tesla) just park and walk in, while I'm sitting there charging no less. They know exactly what they are doing. And I agree that it's even worse than ICING for that very reason.

Sadly the fact is, no matter what logo is on the car, "it's all about me" people are everywhere. I expect this to just get worse with mass adoption.

PS – the "Plug them in" answer is so simple it's brilliant! Here ya go buddy let me help you with that :D Unfortunately won't work on non-Tesla chargers.