Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D 0-60 MPH Dashboard View

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick video of a few of my P85D 0-60 launches during my first daylight adventure. All very unscientific as I'm just using time-code from the video as start and stop markers. The first launch I started the timer when the speedometer started to change (3.41 seconds) - the second one I started when the power meter started to ramp up. (3.68 seconds). While not 3.2 seconds, still insanely fast!! Love love love this car! (I also have 19" wheels and it was 29 degrees outside...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick video of a few of my P85D 0-60 launches during my first daylight adventure. All very unscientific as I'm just using time-code from the video as start and stop markers. The first launch I started the timer when the speedometer started to change (3.41 seconds) - the second one I started when the power meter started to ramp up. (3.68 seconds). While not 3.2 seconds, still insanely fast!! Love love love this car! (I also have 19" wheels and it was 29 degrees outside...)

A very brief flash of the traction control light on the first run. And the power is not close to 480... Could this be due to low temp?

Anyone actually seen the 480kw be reached?

@basf_audio appreciate the effort! Very fun to see this kind of detail:)

Last edited by a moderator:
A very brief flash of the traction control light on the first run. And the power is not close to 480... Could this be due to low temp?

I consistently pulled the same power every run - even on a full charge. It's 14 degrees here now - we'll have to wait for some other input from warmer regions! :)

I saw the traction control light as well - there was some dirt on the road but I kept the power down!!

Yes...I notice in the P85 that there is a noticeable difference in acceleration when it's cold. (And by cold, I mean 45degF-ish or less).

Either way, that is absolutely RIDICULOUS!

ya those mph #'s jump pretty fast. seems to skip a ton of #'s. you can actually read the P85

cold tires are a bit harder too. Interesting that the TC kicks in right around the same point as on a P85, just over 40mph when the power(/torque?) peaks.
Can you tell if the front end slips at all or is it the rear? or both?

There aren't many videos around that show the dash. The ones I've seen have all peaked like this one did, somewhere in the 360-400 kW range on the dash - which it appears to reach around 35 mph and hold for the remainder of the acceleration.

There aren't many places it'd be safe to experiment or film, but I'm curious at what speed that starts to fall off. (Prior Model Ss have a pretty steep drop above 80 mph from what I've been shown here on the forum, but with the taller front motor, it might be completely different now.)
Walter