Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Price Estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things:

1) I tried to do an estimate without a serial number (I don't have a Tesla but wanted to estimate how much a CPO car would be with x configuration) and it errored out with no estimate yet deducted an estimate from my total allowed.

2) Enable us to input a VIN instead of a serial number. Many used ads just list the VIN and not the serial number, so it's difficult to input the proper parameters.

Two things:

1) I tried to do an estimate without a serial number (I don't have a Tesla but wanted to estimate how much a CPO car would be with x configuration) and it errored out with no estimate yet deducted an estimate from my total allowed.

2) Enable us to input a VIN instead of a serial number. Many used ads just list the VIN and not the serial number, so it's difficult to input the proper parameters.

I'll take a look. Private Message me your email if you'd like and I'll add some more. Appreciate the bug report.

The last few digits of the VIN are the serial #. I'll add a little how to on how to determine it.

Well, i've got 78670 for AP 70D, textile, AP, Premium interior, smart suspension, pano roof, cold package. It is being auctioned at e-bay now, and we'll see what the results will be. Hope your algorithm overprices it : ).
On a constructive note: you can try to parse out a data set from e-bay and actual sold vehicles to enhance the data set. It won't be pretty to work with, but potentially will give a more accurate result.

This is pretty cool. I did a simple regression analysis on only P85s and P85+s with pano back in December. Independent variables were digits of s/n (P12345 was 12345) and mileage. I used s/n as a proxy for age which seems appropriate since that's all the potential buyer sees. My dependent variable was listed price at a point in time, not prices of actual sales. A linear model fit pretty well.

I thought about expanding the analysis as my purchase time frame drew closer (selfish, I know) and then the Great CPO Purge made data unavailable. One question I hadn't addressed was how to handle price changes over time. I'd expect the same s/n and mileage to have a slightly lower price associated with it now than it did last month. How do you handle this when analyzing historical data?

Well, i've got 78670 for AP 70D, textile, AP, Premium interior, smart suspension, pano roof, cold package. It is being auctioned at e-bay now, and we'll see what the results will be. Hope your algorithm overprices it : ).
On a constructive note: you can try to parse out a data set from e-bay and actual sold vehicles to enhance the data set. It won't be pretty to work with, but potentially will give a more accurate result.

What's a car like that doing at a Chrysler dealership and then on eBay? It's basically brand new... I'm suspicious about history when the Autocheck/Carfax is not included in the listing.

What's a car like that doing at a Chrysler dealership and then on eBay? It's basically brand new... I'm suspicious about history when the Autocheck/Carfax is not included in the listing.
If you google the vin, carfax shows up. Clean.
But the question is a great one, their other cars are not in the same league, not even close and their yelp reviews are abysmal two stars. They keep lowering the reserve daily, and 1 bidder bailed at ~67k. Suspecting that was their reserve that day. So they're motivated :). But there was a better equipped 70d from ingeneer sold for 65k. So i think that Tesla's dataset makes the algorythm overshoot.