Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla production line was ‘sabotaged’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm putting my money on unions. They are the ones who would have had the most to gain had this scheme continued. It wouldn't have been the first time a union created unsafe conditions to argue that they were needed to maintain safety and production levels.

I've had this same discussion with people offline. My prediction is that it is the UAW. Musk has been very critical of them as of late, and I'd be willing to bet they have something to do with this.... A short burner has no real motivation (or knowhow) to infiltrate the confines of the company, but a UAW operative could easily bring something to the table to entice a hire, fit into the mold, and then strike when appropriate. I doubt the other car companies would have enough motivation to do something like this... Another theory was "the Chinese", but since Tesla just put a deal together with them, I don't see a real motivation there either.

My bets are on the UAW and their thugs.

My first suspect is UAW thugs. They will go to any extent to bring down Tesla. Close second, would be a big short funded activity.

Definitely not another ICE or oil company. Too much to lose if they get caught.

Less likely it’s an ICE or oil company, but remember VW had a lot to lose but still cheated on emissions. Audi CEO just arrested today, in continuing fallout nearly three years later.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
Paranoia feeds paranoia. :rolleyes:

Agreed. But just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not really after you. I find his letter odd in that he goes from this very particular sabotage, a disgruntled employee who he says proved was right to be fired - that after-the-fact proof struck me as odd, but what I found even odder was then turning to the shorts and big oil, and basically saying he don't put it past them because of VW's dieselgate. That rung the paranoid bells for me and seemed to be an unfair shot at the shorts. Despite the despise for them from a lot of us, what they are doing is legal and part of the mechanism of the market. We shouldn't cast aspersions on them because of the act of a renegade employee that has nothing at all to do with them. And big oil has advanced us a society and had its place -- and to lump them in with the VW executives who set out to deceive went too far for me. If the facts start to show otherwise, then fine, but I doubt we'll see that --- unless those Onion writers he recently hired write about it.

Agreed. But just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not really after you. I find his letter odd in that he goes from this very particular sabotage, a disgruntled employee who he says proved was right to be fired - that after-the-fact proof struck me as odd,

No. He didn’t say that. The employee claimed he did it because he didn’t get the promotion he wanted - which Elon said it was rightly so that he didn’t get it (because clearly not a good person - implied, not stated)

but what I found even odder was then turning to the shorts and big oil, and basically saying he don't put it past them because of VW's dieselgate. That rung the paranoid bells for me and seemed to be an unfair shot at the shorts. Despite the despise for them from a lot of us, what they are doing is legal and part of the mechanism of the market. We shouldn't cast aspersions on them because of the act of a renegade employee that has nothing at all to do with them. And big oil has advanced us a society and had its place -- and to lump them in with the VW executives who set out to deceive went too far for me. If the facts start to show otherwise, then fine, but I doubt we'll see that --- unless those Onion writers he recently hired write about it.

I interpreted that line of thinking based on the fact this employee was sending Tesla info to a third, unknown party (who could be any of the above - implied, not stated).

And just generally a commentary on all those who are for realz against Tesla and want to see them fail.

I don’t actually think Elon is paranoid. At all. I think he has a real good grasp of what’s going on.

The Chinese have always been good at stealing corporate data, they could certainly pay off someone who was already in the company and cover their legal fees when they get caught.

I could see the UAW doing it too, because they want unions in Tesla.

It's a whole new thing to speculate about!!! :)

I'm putting my money on unions. They are the ones who would have had the most to gain had this scheme continued. It wouldn't have been the first time a union created unsafe conditions to argue that they were needed to maintain safety and production levels.

This just shows that worker moral is low and unionizing may be what is needed to bring working conditions up to a livable level. Maybe it is management who can't reach unrealistic production levels creating reasons to fail.

This just shows that worker moral is low and unionizing may be what is needed to bring working conditions up to a livable level. Maybe it is management who can't reach unrealistic production levels creating reasons to fail.
Just because he sleeps on the factory floor doesn't mean everyone else has to. I hope that they are allowed to decide on unionizing, or not unionizing, without the
negative influence of management.