Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Production Model X Design Studio Walkthrough Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool. Thanks. That's what the person who responded to feedback said too. I thought that was only for spam or abusive/inappropriate stuff. Which this thread is not... yet. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much for doing this! I was happy to see that the regular has a spoiler, even if it´s not an active spoiler as on the P90D. I expected it to be without a spoiler until this video. The P90D will not be an option for us.
You're welcome *BUT* I'm still awaiting confirmation from the Inside Sales Reps about the spoiler. The picture clearly shows a fixed spoiler on the 90D but there is no mention of it anywhere in the text that I could find. They only mention the active spoiler for the P90D. As soon as I hear back from the ISR one way or the other, I'll update the video with a note.

Thanks,

-Chris

You're welcome *BUT* I'm still awaiting confirmation from the Inside Sales Reps about the spoiler. The picture clearly shows a fixed spoiler on the 90D but there is no mention of it anywhere in the text that I could find. They only mention the active spoiler for the P90D. As soon as I hear back from the ISR one way or the other, I'll update the video with a note.

Thanks,

-Chris

It could be a bug in the configurator but it is strange if they have not been able to correct that by now with around 10 000 people able to configure. I skipped back to the start of your video when you show the 70D. That one also has the spoiler, so it is very likely that the configurator is not lying. Looking forward to hear what the sales reps tell you.

Great stuff and thanks for posting this. I'm really curious what options you decide on when you have to finalize. Many of your posts have suggested we are in a similar boat as far as how much you were wanting to spend and the options you prioritized on! I'm a long time TMC reader with 2 S's in the family and an X that I hope to configure next week!

It could be a bug in the configurator but it is strange if they have not been able to correct that by now with around 10 000 people able to configure. I skipped back to the start of your video when you show the 70D. That one also has the spoiler, so it is very likely that the configurator is not lying. Looking forward to hear what the sales reps tell you.
Well someone in this thread said he heard from a Tesla rep and it is a fixed spoiler on the 90D:

Is the Model X spoiler fixed or retractable? - Page 3

Should look like this is the design studio is accurate:

model-x-90-d-2-views.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Great stuff and thanks for posting this. I'm really curious what options you decide on when you have to finalize. Many of your posts have suggested we are in a similar boat as far as how much you were wanting to spend and the options you prioritized on! I'm a long time TMC reader with 2 S's in the family and an X that I hope to configure next week!
You're welcome. I hope to have more clarity later this weekend after seeing more of the colors in person. Hoping to confirm (or at least order) before the next batch is invited (fingers crossed).

Well someone in this thread said he heard from a Tesla rep and it is a fixed spoiler on the 90D:

View attachment 104030

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome. I hope to have more clarity later this weekend after seeing more of the colors in person. Hoping to confirm (or at least order) before the next batch is invited (fingers crossed).
Where are you going to see the colors in person?

View attachment 104030

- - - Updated - - -

Cris, I'm sure you have seen this picture of the X in blue which I'm leaning toward. I think it is the best picture I have seen showing the true blue in the light.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
Cris, I'm sure you have seen this picture of the X in blue which I'm leaning toward. I think it is the best picture I have seen showing the true blue in the light.
Yes, I think I've seen them all. :) But thanks for sharing. I too am leaning toward blue as I think it's absolutely gorgeous on the X. But my wife is leaning toward midnight silver and I feel like I might have to concede a few points in order to get buy-in. We're a one car household so it has to make us both happy. Maybe we should move to the 'burbs so we can get a Tesla for each of us? :)