Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla raises Model 3 production targets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the original plan was for them to be producing 10K a week before the end of this year I'm not sure I'd call pushing it to next year "raising". :D

When most of the reservation holders put their $1k down the original plan was to be at a rate of 400,000 Model 3's and 100,000 S/X per year by the end of 2020. It looks like they will be at 75% of that number two years early.

Reactions: Arpe
OK, so let's be proactive here so nobody misunderstands. These are GOALS, not promises. These are milestones for the company employees to work toward. If, for some reason, they only reach 6500 instead of 7000 they did not lie to anyone. They did not commit corporate fraud. They did not intend to decieve nor does it mean anybody needs to be removed from their job. It just means they reached 6500 when they probably would have been at 5500 without the 7000 goal.

Carry on,

Dan

I always assumed 500,000 cars not Model 3s. If they hit 2500/wk S/X and 7500/wk Model 3, they're at a 500k/year run rate which is what I recall as the goal and max-Fremont without tent(s).
This still seems achievable before Q4 end. But, it still won't stop the "Tesla over-promised and under delivered again" meme.

Reactions: trailhound