Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Rear Window Shade Review and Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if we ask Tesla to bring the 15% back when the car is off and make it go away when car is in motion. For the peeps who were at 15% and they started to drive off, they'll just have to adjust it slightly.

That would work great for me. I never drive with the Pano open anyway. Way too noisy and it doesn't pull air through the "firewall" like it should so the cooling effect when in motion is practically nil.

I find the shade good for annoying headlights from the rear at night. The auto dimming mirror leaves a lot to be desired.

The auto dimming mirrors worked great when I first got the car--they really darkened the headlights. Now there's barely any difference between dimmed and non-dimmed and a lot of times they just don't dim at all. The shade really helps, even if it doesn't do anything for the side mirrors.

I generally have my side mirrors out farther where headlights aren't blasting me (i.e. eliminating the blind spots). Not for everyone, but that's why it's not a similar complaint for me.

Mine are out as far as they go (which isn't quite enough). Doesn't help much with the SUVs and pickups. But when the car was new it was perfect.