Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla RPM seems more like RPMonths....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

radiocycle

Supporting Member
Apr 13, 2017
Portland, OR
Anyone else still waiting for RPM orders that should have been here last year? I ordered the trunk & frunk sound deadening kit on Dec. 16th and still no product. They did send an email on the 3rd of this month saying that the holidays were casing them some delays, but sheesh...

radio

My wife ordered me some items in the 1st week of Dec for Xmas and I did not get them until the 2nd week of Jan. sending them some nasty e-mails did not help get my items any faster. Will not order from them again, the shipping is real slow. some of there stuff you can get on amazon for less and prime shipping.

Anyone else still waiting for RPM orders that should have been here last year? I ordered the trunk & frunk sound deadening kit on Dec. 16th and still no product. They did send an email on the 3rd of this month saying that the holidays were casing them some delays, but sheesh...

radio

It's always been that way with RPM.

Its actually getting worse. I like the owner of the company, however he doesn't seem to put the effort in.

Lastly, I don't believe they actually have all of the products they sell. I received an item that mistakenly had the original vendor's info still in the box.

Its actually getting worse. I like the owner of the company, however he doesn't seem to put the effort in.

Lastly, I don't believe they actually have all of the products they sell. I received an item that mistakenly had the original vendor's info still in the box.

That likely explains the long delays. If they have to wait to revive a product they are reselling because they haven’t stock it you will see delays.

A lot of their items are the same Chinese ones you can find on ebay, Amazon, Etsy Alibaba, ect. They are buying and reselling them. The issue is they sell these items even when they don’t have stock in their warehouse. So they have to order and wait for them to arrive from China. And if anyone has ever ordered anything from China, you’ll know how unpredictable shipping can be.

I have met the owner and he seems like a nice guy. I just think they’re overwhelmed and understaffed. Well they’re just disorganized and poorly run in general.

A lot of their items are the same Chinese ones you can find on ebay, Amazon, Etsy Alibaba, ect. They are buying and reselling them. The issue is they sell these items even when they don’t have stock in their warehouse. So they have to order and wait for them to arrive from China. And if anyone has ever ordered anything from China, you’ll know how unpredictable shipping can be.

I have met the owner and he seems like a nice guy. I just think they’re overwhelmed and understaffed. Well they’re just disorganized and poorly run in general.

This is exactly what it is. Disorganized and poorly run is putting it nicely. Order directly from China yourself through eBay or Alibaba and cut out the middle-man.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Just got this this morning: "Hello, apologies for the delay, your order should ship in about 3 weeks. We will be sending the new Gen 2 Door Noise Kits which include the trunk and frunk seals."

I guess that's progress of sorts...
Yesterday I received my noise reduction (door seals) kit for my Model 3. Ordered Dec 12...

Good news is that they sent the "Gen 2" kit, which has improved B-pillar seals, different A-pillar seals, and added trunk and frunk seals (not in the Gen 1). The new B-pillar seals look like they should do a good job; they went in without a problem. The frunk seal went in easily, and makes the frunk _feel_ like it's snugly closed

Bad news is they do not have a video or pix posted of the trunk seal, and it's near impossible to tell exactly where the 3 pieces are intended to go. They texted me 1 pic that was of little help. Still waiting for a response on more help.

Also, the A-pillar seals still are not ready for prime time. When I was ready to install them, I found the double-sided tape was on the opposite side from what was shown in their video. I called and got an immediate answer from Jake & Mark: The new orientation is correct, because they had problems with the old orientation. They asked me to install it and give them feedback, so I installed 1 on the passenger side. Bottom line is that it doesn't look like it will do anything - there is still a gap between door and fender that the seal does not close. I did not bother with the driver side. I sent them pix and feedback, and am waiting for a response. FWIW, the seal was easier to install than indicated in their video. Work from behind the door, sitting on the edge of the seat and/or the door sill. Feed the excess tape to the front side of the door and pull from there when needed.

So, if you are considering an order or waiting for it to arrive, consider skipping the A-pillar seals for now, and wait for the installation video or pix for the trunk. Front & back doors, B-pillar, and frunk all install easily. I have to drive around some more before I decide if it was worth the $$.

The separate trunk/frunk lid mats are still on back order...