Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sends out delivery delay emails

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally re-thinking the entire purchase. I have been holding on to dear life with my current vehicle which I’ve wanted to replace for over a year. It is never a great idea to buy in the first model year of a car. With all that is surrounding this vehicle and company, I may not be the best customer.

I really need to think about whether this is the right car and company for me and my $$$$. I want to support the mission but not sure if I’m willing to pay the “price” in the many ways that can be defined.

I wish Elon had not given me more time to bail on this thing......just today (before the news) my wife said, “just face it, that Tesla is not coming anytime soon, go buy something else.” This...coming from the woman that stood in line on day 1 for hours for my reservation.

Edit to add..FWIW..Two reservations and shareholder....I am not a happy guy right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe a new MS might better suit your needs for "slightly" more $$$$+$$. I made the switch as well a month ago for the same concerns you have...

My reservation moved from Oct-17 to Dec-17 to Nov-17 to Jan-18. I guess, I should assume the worse, but it does make me wonder why they listed Nov-17 as a possibility? It seems like this is a little out of step with communications during Q3 shareholder conference call. Plus, since you are communicating a delay, why provide a possible date this month unless you think that you might make that date? Providing a three month window starting in the current month seems a little strange to me. If you are going to deliver this month, then cars should be rolling off the line in big numbers, and I don't think that is the case. Plus I haven't been invited to configure yet, so seems really unlikely.

Note that I made my reservation on April 2, 2016 and I own a 2013 Model S. So I should have some priority, but I'm certain that there are others ahead of me in line.

My reservation moved from Oct-17 to Dec-17 to Nov-17 to Jan-18. I guess, I should assume the worse, but it does make me wonder why they listed Nov-17 as a possibility? It seems like this is a little out of step with communications during Q3 shareholder conference call. Plus, since you are communicating a delay, why provide a possible date this month unless you think that you might make that date? Providing a three month window starting in the current month seems a little strange to me. If you are going to deliver this month, then cars should be rolling off the line in big numbers, and I don't think that is the case. Plus I haven't been invited to configure yet, so seems really unlikely.

Note that I made my reservation on April 2, 2016 and I own a 2013 Model S. So I should have some priority, but I'm certain that there are others ahead of me in line.
It seems all early reservation holders were shifted back one month, probably with one push of the button.

• Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe a new MS might better suit your needs for "slightly" more $$$$+$$. I made the switch as well a month ago for the same concerns you have...

That is not a bad idea and it is on my radar. However, I don’t really want a large sedan. I am intrigued by EV but it is not a requirement for my next vehicle.

There are a bunch of ICE vehicles I would love to drive that cost as much as the S. As a result, if I drop that kind of cash, it won’t be on an EV.

The loss of the tax rebate is also putting a wrinkle in the works. The M3 is starting not to be “worth it” for me. The M3 was already competing for garage space and that 7500 and other attributes gave it an edge. It is starting to really get tested now and I’ve got reasons to second guess.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
How about th
That is not a bad idea and it is on my radar. However, I don’t really want a large sedan. I am intrigued by EV but it is not a requirement for my next vehicle.

There are a bunch of ICE vehicles I would love to drive that cost as much as the S. As a result, if I drop that kind of cash, it won’t be on an EV.

The loss of the tax rebate is also putting a wrinkle in the works. The M3 is starting not to be “worth it” for me. The M3 was already competing for garage space and that 7500 and other attributes gave it an edge. It is starting to really get tested now and I’ve got reasons to second guess.
I have also become a second-guesser...but only by opting for a CPO model S not by moving to something else.
No option for me with a new S just remains out of my reach.

S5 isn't diesel... Audi is still one of the best car companies with an amazing offering off all-season capable performance and family cars.
Hope you get a “good one”. Our 2016 A6 at over $60k is not, with variety of issues. Audi of America has not stood behind the warranty and a technician even told me he was directed to change a work order to help deny warranty coverage. I’d never give VW/Audi another nickel of new car business, no matter how attractive their cars may seem in the showroom. Living with them is another story.

I think the earlier question about diesel relates to Audi/VW showing us who they are culturally...dishonest. My experience has reinforced that. Caveat emptor.

Hope you get a “good one”. Our 2016 A6 at over $60k is not, with variety of issues. Audi of America has not stood behind the warranty and a technician even told me he was directed to change a work order to help deny warranty coverage. I’d never give VW/Audi another nickel of new car business, no matter how attractive their cars may seem in the showroom. Living with them is another story.

I think the earlier question about diesel relates to Audi/VW showing us who they are culturally...dishonest. My experience has reinforced that. Caveat emptor.
German cars are always a problem due to complexity, but you lease them, so the warranty should cover just about everything.

We've never had a real issue in my family: 2010 A5, 1999 A6, old 5000, etc.

German cars are always a problem due to complexity, but you lease them, so the warranty should cover just about everything.

We've never had a real issue in my family: 2010 A5, 1999 A6, old 5000, etc.

As I said, good luck. Warranties work when honest companies administer them, especially in situations such as ours which were not complex at all...basic component failure. BMW has been great...Audi, one and done.

Just got my e-mail now. Reserved online before reveal. From Canada and slightly different wording. Delivery date not changed (but it's already rather vague with 'Late 2018'):

Thank you again for your Model 3 reservation and, more importantly, for believing in a sustainable energy future. We’re working hard to make it happen. Significant progress is being made to clear early production bottlenecks, and we want to give you an update on what to expect with your reservation.
You can find the latest information on your reservation, your delivery timing, and get a first look at the latest Model 3 vehicles coming off the line here.